Drifting Apart

{Image courtesy goes to the real artist.}

Part 1

Can't believe I've come to this point of life where I am cornered with only one choice.. Do I have another choice? Honestly, yes. But the thing is.. That's not a choice but more like committing suicide. So more or less, this is the end.

Want to know my story? Well, it's not that amusing I'm warning you beforehand. It's pitiful. You will want to throw some hands at me for not doing what I'm gonna do, sooner. Beat me, I won't mind. But don't pity me. I love the fact that you're kind, but getting pitied is not the option I need.

'Why Jennie?'

Flashback

"Heyyyoooowwww" the girl who just entered the class with a pretty smile and gorgeous looks, waved at me as she sat beside me.

  She doesn't look harmful. She has this kind, gentle aura. Maybe I should not back up and try. It's my first day at the new college. Maybe it's the new beginning.

"Hey" I answered as I gave her a friendly smile, which she returned by a wide one. She's cute.

"I'm Rosé."

"Lisa," I said and offered my hand for a shake.

"Nah! Handshake won't do justice to our upcoming legendary friendship." She grinned.

"Huh?" I lightly chuckled with a confused face.

"Squeezy squeezy squeezeee!!"
And she jumped right at me and hugged me real tight while shaking our bodies. A little too tight to my liking.

"My bones are crying.." I tried my best to mutter.

"Hehe, sorry." With that, she let go of me.

We both looked in each other's eyes and laughed.

"Here's to our great friendship!" She said as she pushed her fist forward for a fist bump.

"Correction, LEGENDARY!!"

"HELL YEAHHH!!"

And our fist collided as our laughter filled the empty classroom.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yow, Lis. Shh.. The seniors are coming."

"What do you mean?"

"It's like a tradition here, well, more like ragging, but they just covered it up with tradition." She said as she made gestures with her index and middle fingers of both hands. Just like how you do when you exaggerate something or highlight something in a mocking way, as she added,

"The seniors come visit the new juniors and have a so-called intro, or more like choose their sheep. The target for their entertainment for the entire year. So, listen to me carefully now if you don't wanna be the sheep. First, don't look in their eyes. Second, no talking or any special introduction. Third, just agree with whatever they say. But don't overdo it, let it be implied, not physical. So you got it?"

"I guess?"

"You must. Cause I don't wanna be a sheep."

"Awe, Rosie, you'll be their prey for me?" My eyes beamed with tears,

"Of course not, we'll both be it if you got chosen."

Almost.

"Well, that's.. Umm.. Good consideration too. So, I'll give you 'the caring friend' card."