Meant To Be

Part 3

She came as she promised. She did that to all my classes. She'll accompany me till the class, ask me if i mapped or not, and then will fetch me from there only to take me to the next one. As promised she will come to my seat and hold my stick with, "Ready for your next class?".
And my smile would grow bigger and bigger.

Right now I'm in my last class, and as she mentioned this morning that she has the same last two classes with me, so she's here too. She's sitting right behind my seat. My smile didn't leave my face even for a minute. I'm starting to like her company.
She poked my shoulder from behind, making me flinch in my seat. The next thing i felt was her hand, writing something on my back.
I recalled it as she began writing it.

M
Y

Okay, 'my'.

T
H
A
N
K

'Thank'

Y
O
U

'You'

i loved the way she was being considerate and giving me time after every word to grasp the word. I was smiling wide, i hope the teacher doesn't notice me.

T
R
E
A
T

'Treat'

And then her hand didn't come back. I shook my head at her cuteness.
Deciding to reply her back i wrote a small note in my copy and passed it to her.

'What treat?'

She gasped. I guess she read it already. I wanted to laugh out loud at her reaction. She leaned closer to my ear from her seat and whisper yelled.

" Yah! Where is your gratitude now!?"

I giggled. Omg.

"Is there a problem, Miss Manoban?" The teacher asked.

"N-no no, Sir, not at all. Please continue."

She replied and sat back properly in her seat. I heard some rufflings after. Is she mad? Now I'm feeling guilty. She has been nothing but a sweet person to me. And this is how i paid her back?

I quickly wrote a short note for her again and passed it to her.

'Sorry. I was just teasing you. Of course, i will treat you after the class. Sorry again. :) '

I felt her hand on my back again. Okay, she's gonna write her reply.

A
W
A
L
K

'A walk'

T
O

'To'

Y
O
U
R

'Your'

C
A
R

'Car'

A
F
T
E
R

'After'

And then her hand moved away. Okay, so that's my punishment. She wants to walk me to my car after our treat. I smiled. Is it really a punishment?

I nodded my head.

.
.
.
.

So here we are walking back to my car after her treat. She's still walking us in her unique way. I touched my watch to feel the time, oh, thank God not late, oppa's classes must be ending by now. Or else he must've been gotten angry. The last time it happened was when we were still in school. He left me at the school gate. I was so scared and it started to rain too. Thank God Unnie came and took me. I was sick for three days after that incident. So i don't want something like that to happen again.

"What are you thinking?"

Lisa voiced out, taking me out of my deep thoughts.

"Nothing much." I smiled.

"So I'll meet you again here tomorrow morning. We'll map a secret place."

"A secret place?"

"Yes. So will you come with me to map my secret place?"

"I will." I smiled.

She opened the door for me. As i was getting in she mumbled,
"Not him again."

"What happened?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing. Take care, okay? See you tomorrow."

"I will. You too, be alright. And don't fight again."

She giggled.

"Aye aye, Captain. I'll go now."

And with that, she put something in my hand and disappeared. It was a piece of paper. I heard the other side of the door opening, so i quickly hid it in my bag. The ride home wasn't silent which took me by surprise cause he was the one who initiated the conversation this time.

"Do you know her?"

"Not much, but she's my friend now, i guess," I replied. "Why?" I added.

"What's her name?"

"Lisa Manoban. Why Oppa?"

"Lisa Manoban." He repeated softly.

Okay, he clearly doesn't want me to interfere. Well, fair enough. It's his private life. Who am i to intrude?

And then we didn't talk. Even though i tried to tell him about my first day, he just said "keep it to yourself." And that was my cue to shut up. So i did.

When i reached home, i hurriedly went to my room.

"Hey, slow down, lady."

"Sorry, Unnie."

As soon as i got into my room i video called my best friend.

"Hey-"

"Rosie, tell me what's this?"

I cut her off instantly.

"Way to greet your best friend. Anyways. Umm.. Seems like a written note. Why? Wait! Did a guy gave you a love note on your firs-"

"No! Now tell me what does it say?"

"Okay.. Okay.. Get it a bit closer to the camera."

I did as she told me to.

"It says, 'it was great meeting you, Jennie Kim'. "

I smiled sheepishly.

"Woah! What's with that smile, Kim? Who's this? Tell me!"

"A friend."

"Yeah right. Give me details."

And i did. I told her everything about my first day and about the time i spent with Lisa.

"Wow. She seems a nice person. But why are you smiling like that and describing her like that? Do you...perhaps like her?"

"W-what! No!! Are you crazy!?"

"Hmmm.. Too defensive. Anyway. I'm happy that there is someone by your side. "

I can sense that she's smiling while saying that.

"I'll cut the call now, okay?"

"Yah! How can you be that selfish-"

I ended the call while giggling. That's us. Chaeyoung is my best friend since we were in elementary. Since they had to move to another place,we got separated by the different colleges. She's always there for me. And I'm really thankful to have her as my best friend.

As i put the note in the drawer, my thoughts ran off to her again. Lisa. I smiled wide.

Secret place.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed reading. 🙃😇

Have a great day.
God bless.

P.S. : Vote and comment.