Meant To Be

Part 7

It's been two months since we started accompanying each other after school every day as Oppa permitted. Oppa doesn't like me to sit next to him, and because of that, I asked Lisa to sit in between us. She denied at first but accepted it anyway. So we always do it like that; coming home together then Oppa will see her off to her house. There's nothing that she wouldn't do for me. I'm really happy with her. And if I have to be honest then, I think-

"Will you gonna answer this year or not?"

Rosie pulled me out of my deep thoughts as she irritatedly questioned.

"Don't even think about lying, miss, I'll cut your tongue and make you a mute too."

"Yah! What kind of friend are you!?"

I shouted. She terrifies me sometimes. Goodness!

"Shut up and answer me."

"How am I gonna answer you then?"

"Jennie, one more unnecessary word and I'm gonna cut the call and then soon your useless tongue."

"Okay..okay..chill. To be honest, I think.."

"Hmm?"

"I love her."

I whispered. It was like I'm answering myself and not her. I was very confused with my feelings lately and things were really getting hard for me but now it is all clear. Now that I voiced it out, I feel like I'm back on track. I didn't even know I needed to hear it myself, I needed to accept it. And now that I did, I feel so... I feel so happy.

I love her.

"Come again?" Rosie asked.

"I love Lisa."

A tear rolled down my cheek from my right eye as my tongue let those words be heard, to her, to me, to this world. I wanna scream to this world.

I love her.

I love Lisa Manoban.

I love her.

God, is this what they talk about in the movies? I'm feeling everything they describe in the books. I'm feeling like one of the characters portrayed in them. Is this why every song started to make sense these days? Is this why I'm feeling giddy all the time? Is this why I'm always out of it? If being in love feels this beautiful, then I will fall for you every day, every hour, every minute, every second, again and again for you Lisa.

"Omg, Jennnieeeeeee!!!"

"Rosie what happened!?"

"My best friend finally fell in love"

I giggled to her answer.

"Guess, she did."

I smiled, as I replied.

God, what is this happening to me?

I feel so sheepish.

"Look at that face, omg, Jennie, your face screams, 'Lovesick'." She mumbled the last word so sweetly, too sweet for my liking.

"Ughh.. Rosie quit it."

"Na han, I'm so enjoying this." She giggled.

"You know what, I'll turn it to voice mode."

"Okay..okay.. Sorry. So when are you gonna tell her?" Her voice was full of excitement as if it wasn't for me but for her.

"I'm scared."