Meant To Be

Part 9

"So, is it true, Jennie?"

Appa asked me as he was using his utensils. We're here at the dining table having our dinner. I can't believe that he is already asking this question to me, cause Oppa and my talk was just yesterday. So Oppa really meant it when he said he has everything settled already.

But am I ready to answer what Oppa want me to?

But what does it matter now, now that I've already given him my answers? Now that I've already lost everything, what is the purpose of living here or denying to Appa anyway? So I answered as I was taught to,

"If you're pertaining to the college matter, which I think you are, then, Yes,  Appa. It's true."

I heard him putting down his utensils, but we just started.

"Are you not happy here or is there something that's bothering you?"

"N-no, Appa, it's not like that. I'm happy with what I have. I'm so very happy to have you guys as my family too. It's umm-"

"Appa, stop scaring her. You can't just suppress her dream, her own choices by fear. She already answered you. It'd be very good if you'd just do it quickly and let her have her dream come true. Let her have the life she wants. "

Oppa cut me off as he said that. Should I be happy that he's taking my side? That he's thinking about me first? Or should I be sad on the other side that is he even thinking about me in the first place?

They say life can be hard, choices lead you to your destiny, the destiny can be a brighter one or a darker one depending on the choices you make.

But what if you don't want to choose something that has already been made your choice and is now ready to deliver your destiny to you?

My thoughts were cut off as I heard some utensils getting placed on the table harshly. I jerked at the loud noise.

"Bullshit! This is all so stupid to the level that even a bull can't reach, even he can be smarter than you people."

Unnie exclaimed in so much fury. Her voice seemed as if she was ready to throw some hands if anyone went against whatever she was gonna demand next.

"Jisoo!"

Appa warned her.

"What Appa? Tell me if whatever is happening now on this dining table deserves a civilized talk. And Jennie! You're coming with me. "

Then I heard her getting out of her chair and taking my hand, pulling me up and starting to walk, dragging me with her. She stopped at the staircase as she added,

"And Appa, I want you to know that nothing has decided here."

And with that, she guided me to her room. She made me sit on the bedside then went to close the door. She even locked the door. I sighed.

Now what?

Unnie, please don't make it harder.

I heard her dragging a chair and sitting on it in front of me as she held my hand.

"What is going on, baby?"

She softly asked me. It made me to almost broke down. But I didn't. It'd only increase my problems, which by the way is increasing already by every minute.

"Unnie, you know I wanted to study there. And now I asked for it. I want it. And that's what it is all about. It's for me, Unnie. I want it. It's for my own good. And didn't you always supported me with my dream, especially this one? Then why are you acting this way, Unnie? You should be happy for me, right?"