Meant To Be

Part 5

"What is it that you want, baby? You've been mixing your soup for ten straight minutes. You know you can say it to me."

I can feel that she's smiling while saying it but deep inside she's worried now. How do i say it?

"Unnie, i.. Uh.. There's this friend of mine. Umm.. You know i go to school with Oppa.. Umm.. By car. "

What the hell am i talking? I mentally facepalmed myself.

Why am i so nervous?

She's just a friend, plus she's a girl. Yeah.. Right. It's not something to be nervous about. She's just a girl who is a friend. Yeah. A girl friend.

Yes, just say,

'Unnie, my friend, who's a girl, wanted us to go to school together. So can i? '

Yeah.. Easy peasy.

I cleared my throat.

"Unnie, my girl friend wants to pick me up."

Wait what!?

"What?"

"W-What?"

"Your girlfriend?"

"What?"

"What what?"

"What?"

"Jennie!"

"U-Unnie"

She sighed. And so did i.

"Jennie/Unnie"

We both exclaimed at the same time. Then we both started laughing. Oh my God. What is this happening?

After minutes of a disaster, we calmed down.

"Okay, calm down and tell me clearly what you wanna say."

"Unnie, I've made a new friend in the college. Her name is Lisa. She's really nice, Unnie. She helps me a lot and is always there for me. She even cares for me. So this evening she asked me if she could drop me home every day after school.
So i want your permission. Can I?"

"Just that, god, Jenduek, you're really something." She giggled, then continued. "I can give you permission. But."

"But?"

"I wanna meet her first. I can't just trust anyone with you. I hope you get my concern, baby."

"Yes, unnie. I understand." I smiled, then added, "I'll talk to her about it."

"Okay, now finish your food and take a rest, okay?"

"Yes, unnie. Unnie, where is Oppa by the way?"

"I don't know. Maybe in his room. Now that you asked, you know, i think there is something going on with him. He's acting strangely. "

"Oh, i hope he is okay."

"Hope so too. Do you know if anything happened in the college or so?"

"No, unnie, not any that i know of."

After that, we ate with random chats, like how was the new college, have i made new friends or not, if someone was bullying me or so, and so on.

I finished my food and went to my room. As i laid down i called chaeyoung.

"Hellooo there, selfish lady." She huffed.

I giggled at her antics.

"Hello to you too, hubby."