Meant To Be (Epilogue)

Part 11

Author's Point Of View

Jennie was now in her new dorm, in her new room, on her new bed, with the same old broken heart. Her eyes were opened as if she was staring at the ceiling, but there were no tears this time. Maybe she poured it all already or maybe her eyes betrayed her emotions.

RINGGG!!!

Her new phone rang, which made Jennie more confused. She picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Jenduek!"

"Ahh.. Unnie.. Wait! How did you get my number? I haven't sent it to anyone."

"Appa. Anyways, I know you must be tired and just wanted to rest now, but I had a job you see, so I called. Umm.. Did you found the envelope in your bag?"

"Unnie, I haven't even touched my bag, and what is it? Is it your gift or something?"

"No, Lisa... She asked me to deliver this to you. And she told me to make sure that you saw it. So, please open it and tell me you're done, so that I can tell her, you don't know she's scary when it comes to you."

"Hmmm.. Okay, I will."

"When?"

"Unnie, I promise I will see it. So you can tell Lisa. "

"Okay. Don't fool me okay? Check it out for sure. I'll hang up now. Call me when you're all settled up."

"Yes, Unnie, I will. Good night."

"Good night, baby. Take care."

And with that, they disconnected the call.

.

.

.

Lisa waited from the morning till the evening for Jennie in their secret place. Rosé had even called her and told her everything that has happened. Still, Lisa was there, not sure if it was her hope keeping her steady there or the place which has Jennie's memories and touches all over.

Currently, she was laying in her bed as suddenly her eyes went to the clothes she wore last night. She went to it and hugged it real tight as she broke down on the floor. It has Jennie's scent, Jennie's touch, Jennie's grip, Jennie's feeling. As she clutched the chest part of her jacket a crumbling of paper got heard. She looked for it, and there was a paper in her pocket.

.

.

.

.

Jennie got up immediately when she cut the call with her sister. She looked for the envelope hastily as if her life depended on it, as if it will bring Lisa back, Or maybe she knew it was the last and all that she could have of Lisa.

She found it, she found the thing which will become her treasure from now on.

{Here I'll try to show both their timelines at the same time}

Jennie caressed it feeling every bit of it, and then there was Lisa, who knew by the smell that it was from Jennie.

Jennie opened the envelope and was now met with a note written in brail. She smiled with teary eyes.

They both opened their letters at the same time.

"I love you My Nini. / I love you, My Lily."