Chapter 58

Current Day.

"Okay, that's your last shot for today."

Abel was barely even concentrated on anything the nurse had said, he barely even knew when she took the needle out of his skin. He had his entire mind focused on the television, looking as amazed as ever.

The royal engagement.

It was the most beautiful ball he had ever seen. Too bad he had to miss the last one because they had no TV and even if they did, there was no way he would have watched it later on since the king had demanded that every tape and record of the previous ball was destroyed and removed permanently from all streaming platforms before he even got the chance to see, to see the face of the mysterious fiancée of the prince.

There had been speculations, a lot of speculations about who the Queen had chosen as wife for the prince and a lot of citizens had come up with their own theories, the engagement ball was supposed to be the face reveal, the day the entire country saw who it really was especially for citizens that lived downside. The identity of the Queen-to-be was no news for everyone else in the country besides them, they always got the news later than everyone else. He was so busy being sick to even keep up with the documentary or be an active participant in the fan groups he was in.

He exhaled.

Finally, there was going to be another issue of the royal magazine with an extra member of the royal family. He couldn't believe how late he was on all the other issues especially the documentary that aired all through the engagement week. He had been too busy trying to get better that he didn't even get the chance to watch that either.

Ever since they moved from crystal lake, Abel didn't have any connections to his past or the lives they lived before that. It was like his former life was completely done away with, there were no traces of him and he never went back either.

Being in the hospital was all he ever knew. It was all he ever did the past few months and so, he had no idea of what happened on the outside.

"Thank you so much nurse," Mickey became his mouth piece after she saw how busy and engrossed his eyes were on the television, with a huge smile on his face.  The lady smiled.

She retraced her gaze to the television and then back to Abel before she turned back to Mickie.

"Looks like they royal family has for themselves a very loyal fan."

Micky rolled her eyes.

"You can say that again." She said. "He lives for them. And the prince, a day doesn't pass by without him talking about how much he loves the prince. He has been looking forward to this moment for months."

"That's great, my daughter has a soft spot for the royal family too." The nurse smiled. "I mean, don't we all, we can't exactly help ourselves can we? They are too glorious to not keep tabs on." She turned to Abel and gave him a pat on his head. "You're in luck today, Paris Vutron is an angel on sight. The prince made an excellent choice."

"Oh," Abel clapped his hands immediately the piano started to play. The smile on his face grew even wider. "It's her, it's her." He pointed at the television. "It's the prince's fiancé."

"Woah," Mickie turned too. "Is that really her?" She watched attentively as the camera zoomed in on Anne-Marie slowly. "Wow, I love her dress, she's extremely beautiful too." She turned to Abel. "I can't believe we're only seeing her just now."

The smile on Abel's face turned to a frown slowly as the camera zoomed in even more on her face.

"Huh?" He froze, pulling his hands slowly to the bed. "Marie?"