Chapter 32

She was tired.

It was barely even half the day yet and she just wanted it all to be done and over with. Who knew living the royal life could be so boring? The responsibilities that came with it was boring and hurting just like those heels.

Anne-Marie slowly narrowed her gaze on her six inch heels. She could feel her legs trembling from walking and standing on them for so long. What on earth was she thinking, even considering the possibility she could wear them the way Paris did? They were dreadful and she was barely comfortable with the height from on top of it.

Unlike Paris, dressing up in pretty dresses and really nice shoes with high heels was one thing Anne-Marie was never used to. She never had the luxury or time to, or money. She had spent the entire day wondering how much the jewelries on her cost and her dress and shoe. They must have cost a fortune.

Anne-Marie let herself sigh softly.

"Just endure it Marie, it'd be done and over with soon."

She slowly raised her gaze to the middle of the huge hall in the children's hospital. She could see how the children were so focused on Aiden who happened to be sitting on a throne like chair in front of them, reading them a story.

Fancy him sitting when she had to stand the entire time. Walking around with Aiden while he performed his duties as the prince of the kingdom wasn't as eventful as she thought it would be. To think of how all of it was a show...a show for the public and she had to be roped into it.

The flickering sound of camera from the media beside her was frustrating. She wished they had stopped already, she was so tired of listening to all those annoying loud flickers. She rolled her eyes.

She knew nothing about the royal family but something about how Aiden related with the kids at the orphanage got her thinking a little bit. She was almost swayed to believe he didn't have any ulterior motives for reading the kids a story, like it wasn't just a plan by the royal family to put themselves out there like that to the people. Pathetic.

"And in the end, the little red riding hood and her grandmother returned home and lived happily ever after."

Aiden closed the story book slowly as the kids around him started to clap loudly. You didn't have to even hear them clap to see how happy they were, the expressions on their face said it all. Aiden's smile grew wider as the kids cheered softly.

The children at the Breton children hospital loved him and everyone knew it, everyone could see it. They always looked forward to him reading them a book every Friday. It was their favorite day of the week, not just them, the doctors and nurses at the hospital loved it too when Aiden stopped by.

'The heart of the kingdom' as he was fondly called by a lot of people. At a very young age, Aiden already had a soft spot for the helpless people of Breton, especially the children and the old people of Breton. He was a charm and was adored by a lot of people.

"Your highness," one of the children shot her hand in the air, she had a question. Aiden narrowed his gaze on her as he slowly stretched the story book so Elijah could take it.

"Mnnn."

"What happened after little red grew up?" The little seven years old asked. "Did the story really have to end there? What happened to the hunter and her grandmother?"

"Didn't you hear what the prince said?" A boy said, slowly turning to her. "They lived happily ever after."

"But still," another girl said. "Don't you want to know what happened to little red? Don't you want to know how she grew up? What she grew up to be?" The girl frowned a bit. "I wish the story was a bit longer."