Chapter 47

A festival.

What was supposed to become just a tour had become more than that and she was proud. Proud at how well they had prepared, at how well it was going. So far so good, everyone looked happy, and a lot of people had actually turned up for the event.

Just as they had planned, less than half of Niyagra was secluded and the people had access to all that was left. It was barely even four o' clock yet and they were almost out of tickets.

Everyone was happy. You could see how happy the kids were playing in their masks as they were led by their parents, how excited they were to learn about the culture of Niyagra and to associate with other Niyagran kids whenever they stopped by a cultural spot.

They had their bodies painted, with pretty leaf crowns on their small heads and tiny wands in their hands. Everyone looked so happy, so amazed to be within the walls of Niyagra, it was going really well, better than Anne-Marie had ever imagined.

Anne-Marie dropped her box of festival lights right on the table, exchanging smiles with the older Niyagran lady behind the table selling sea shell jewelries right before she retreated her gaze to the stand beside her where Noa stood, sharing fliers for donations. Her smile brightened when she saw how Noa bent over to give a little boy a soft pat on his head. Kind of weird because she never pictured Noa to be a fan of children.

Anne-Marie found her way to her just as the little boy and his mother walked away from her after taking a flier. She coughed into her elbow one time, shaking off the chill that passed through her spine.

"Someone looks like she has been working really hard."

Noa turned to her immediately, smiling for a short second and turning her smile into a pout immediately. She took a deep breath when Anne got closer to her.

"Well, what do you know?" Noa asked her. "You lots can't really do anything without me now can you?"

She folded her hands behind her and took a quick scan around the area, she was satisfied, satisfied at how well things were going so she let out a really heavy sigh.

"Looks like things turned out really well in the end."

Anne-Marie followed her gaze too. She needed to embrace the pride she felt in all their hard work.

"It happens that Bre was right, a lot of people are really curious about Niyagra. I was the entire day yesterday and being here again just makes me so calm. We're almost sold out on tickets can you believe it?" She turned back to Anne-Marie again.

Anne-Marie nodded.
"Aubrey is a Genius." She had to admit. "We'd not have done any of this if she hadn't brought it up. We'd be able to save the Niyagra village today because of her idea to hold the tour here."

"Woah." Noa scoffed a chuckle just as Anne-Marie slowly turned to her. "what has come over you pee?" Noa smirked. She couldn't believe her ears at all. "Did you just that admit Bre was a genius?"

Anne-Marie blinked.
What was wrong with that?

"You just said Aubrey was a genius, you just gave her credit for all this."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Noa scoffed.

"You never give anyone credit for everything." She told her. "Especially not Aubrey. You always thought she was slow and stupid. The old you anyway. Really, what happened to you?"

Anne-Marie let out a nervous scoff.

How was she making so many mistakes pretending to be Paris? Did Paris really think Aubrey was slow?