Chapter 60

"The prince would be going to Eutherdore?"

Vanessa unfroze after she felt the horse in front of her take all the apple in her hand into its mouth immediately. She could still sense the surprise in the tone of her head of court but she pretended to not be excited about it even though her heart had skipped so many beats the moment the court lady had relayed the news. She felt the exact same way. Who would have thought she would have lived to see the day a news like that came? Aiden had never been interested in doing anything his peers did, even when he had spare time. At first, she felt his responsibilities were his excuse but then, she realized that it was more than that. He just never wanted to. He also hated the documentary so hearing that he was on his way to get prepared for the royal academy's trip and not only that, gave her his consent to have the media tag along for him and Paris excited her a lot.

"Your highness." Felicia turned to her immediately with a huge smile on her face while she reached for another apple from the basket one of the court ladies stretched out to her and fed it to the horse again. She watched it chew on it in a hurry. "This is great news your highness. The prince is finally beginning to realize his feelings for the prime minister's daughter just as you prayed. Luck is finally on your side your highness." She sounded even more excited than Aiden's secretary when she called.

Vanessa held a deep breath and slowly reached for her gloves. She started to take them off one after the other and when she was done, she handed them to the court lady and turned around to where Felicia and the other court lady stood. She drew yet another deep breath and let her smile remain.

"Yes Felicia." She said looking up to the skies. "It looks like everything has finally started to fall in place. Now I can die peacefully knowing that the future of Breton is in competent hands and the Aiden's position as prince is solid." She let out an exhale and turned to the older lady. "I know princes don't have a say in the royal selection affairs but I at least wanted to chose someone the prince would be happy to be with. I wanted him to be happy with the choice I made for him."

"Yes your highness. You made a generous choice. It looks like the prince's feelings for lady Vutron is starting to return. He must be so proud of you considering how hard you pushed this. Lady Vutron is indeed a great choice for Queen and I am sure she is going to reign exceedingly well in your stead. She is just as wise and beautiful as you are. She has a good regard for the royal family and the kingdom too. Plus she's from a prestigious family."

She knew that. Vanessa didn't have to be reminded. She knew exactly the qualities of Paris she was attracted to especially since those qualities became even more defined since after the accident.

"Reach out to the media houses and the royal publishers and inform them of the recent developments. Ensure that they get there first and wait for the prince. They have to capture every moment of the trip. They can't miss a thing. We don't know when we would ever get this opportunity after now."

"Affirmative your highness, I would get to it right away."

Felicia turned to the lady beside her immediately.

"You heard what the Queen said."

She bowed. She understood exactly what Felicia was asking her to do. She turned to Vanessa and bowed too, took two steps backwards before she turned and hurried away. Vanessa inhaled and returned her gaze to the clouds. It was brighter than usual, hope. She was hopeful now. She let out an exhale and smiled even wider.

Thank Goodness. She was happy, really happy.

*************************************************

"Good day your highness,"