Chapter 67

"It wasn't a dream was it? I wasn't the only one that saw what happened at the airport was I? Prince Aiden really did pull Paris into that room and fired that gun. He's the reason she fainted isn't he?"

Valerie left her eyes on her fingernails as she filed it. She was barely listening to her friend's chattering, she had her mind on a lot of other things, like what happened at the airport.

"No Bianca, you weren't imagining things, everyone saw it." One of them told the other, slouching on the front door leading to their hotel room while her eyes went with every male or female that walked passed them in the hallway. The journey to Eutherdore was met with a lot of conversations and questions no one seemed to have answers to. Everyone kept asking the same things, it had been hours but the conversation didn't change. Everyone that was present at the airport and had witnessed what had happened kept talking about it and Valerie's friends weren't any different.

"It was obvious the Prince was upset with Paris."

"Isn't it? Woah," the first red head with freckles around her nose said as she rubbed her arms together. "I wonder what she did this time. I've never seen the prince so upset all my life. I have goosebumps just thinking about it Bernice."

The second girl turned to Valerie as she stuck her fingers right in front of her face to take a long look at her nicely trimmed finger nails.

"Valerie, you're not saying anything." She said. "Aren't you curious about what happened back at the airport?"

"Even if I was, what can I do when no one knows what happened?"

"Don't you want to find out?" The first one took a step closer. "Who knows, it could be a weapon you could use in the future."

Valerie froze, her fingers still stuck out in front of her. She thought about what Bianca had said for a while and then lowered her hands from her face. She exhaled and turned to them.

"What do you want me to do? It's not like I can go and ask the Prince why he was so upset. Even his friends don't know, why do you think he would want to tell me?"

Bianca pouted and looked away slightly. Valerie did have a point. Not even Aubrey nor Noa knew what had happened. It looked like whatever it was, Aiden and Anne-Marie were trying to keep it from everyone else.

"I even heard that the prince might not be joining us in Eutherdore anymore." Bernice went on. "He returned to the palace immediately and no one has seen or heard of him since then. The press was dismissed earlier too."

Bianca exhaled.

"It's such a pity. I was really looking forward to our first class trip with the K3. We even got our nails done. Too bad that damn Paris had to ruin everything. She always does, so annoying." She tried to speak above the whirling sound made by wheels pulling closer behind them. It got louder by the second as the girl pulling the huge cart with a bag in it approached them, looking into a paper and then back at the doors one by one and walking past them like she was trying to find a particular room.

Valerie turned to her slowly, she was watching her and soon after, Bianca and Bernice joined too. They watched the chubby girl pull the cart in front of her with the pink pretty bag in it slowly until she suddenly came to a stop when she got to the front of them.

"Valerie." She forced a smile on her chubby cheeks.

"Emily." Valerie faked a smile too and Bianca and Bernice followed. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry if I disturbed your little meeting." The girl went on as she tried to keep her eyes everywhere even with her glasses on, taking a quick scan on the room numbers of the doors around her.