Chapter 35

"You." He whispered into her ear. "You're hiding something aren't you?" His voice gave her the chills.

Anne-Marie gulped hard.
Hiding something? What did he mean? What did he know? Anne-Marie could suddenly not breathe. Her anxiety was up the roof, her muscles started to tense all of her sudden, her palms were sweaty too. She felt his hand slide past her side, finding its way towards her belly region. She could feel the walls in her lower abdomen tighten as his hand brushed through it, trying to find her other hand.

Butterflies.

Anne-Marie could remember every word, she could remember how she felt every second that passed while he had her pinned to the wall like that. She had goosebumps all over her body just thinking about it. It was all she did the entire night for the past two days and she was doing it again, right in the middle of a class, she was thinking about it again, thinking about him. He distracted her a huge deal.

She could hear the teacher's voice from the front of the huge classroom faintly as she slowly turned her head to look right out the window. Infinity block. She squinted her eyes as she narrowed her gaze to the top of the tall building that looked like a penthouse, that had to be it, that had to be where the K3 had their classes. She had graduated from thinking about him to searching for him like she could actually see him all the way from her own classroom.

It was a dead end and she knew this.

He was probably not in school again just like he wasn't the day before. Oh, did she skip the part where she hadn't seen him all day the day before too? They didn't even ride to school together as planned by the queen for the documentary show. It was like he had suddenly shut himself out from the entire world.

No one at the palace talked about his whereabouts, it was like they knew where he was and what he was doing but they didn't talk about it. The last time she had seen him since their encounter at the royal pool was from one of the windows of her room the day before. Just like she did since she moved to the upper east side, she woke up early as usual like she did when she was still living at crystal lake, only difference was, she didn't have a job to run to. She saw him with the guidance of about two to three guards as they walked out of the palace, towards one of the cars as quickly as he could. He wasn't even dressed for school. She couldn't help but wonder what it was that had him up so early and why no one had asked her to go with him as agreed.

The next thing she remembered was one of the queen's court ladies asking her to head to school first without him.

What about the documentary? Weren't they interested in it anymore? She let out a weak sigh and pushed her gaze away from the window back to her desk. She had stared outside for way too long.

"With that being said, why don't we discuss a more recent issue at hand,"

She raised her gaze to the really tall lady in front of the class, looking all professional in her white shirt tucked neatly into her red long pencil skirt and about four inch stilettos. Her pair of square shaped glasses complemented her face a great deal.

"Drumroll please," she said with a huge smile on her face and the moment she did, someone from behind the class started to hit his desk softly with his pen, mimicking the sound of drums. The lady chuckled for a short second.

"Finally," Anne-Marie could hear Noa say as she stretched her arms behind her. "Content I actually want to listen to."

"Class week." The lady announced and Noa clapped her hand in excitement, yanking it up in the air in triumph with her lower lip cuffed in between her teeth.

Anne-Marie looked around the class, everyone seemed to be excited. It was like everyone knew what the teacher was talking about besides her. What on earth was class week and why did it have all the students looking extremely happy?