CHAPTER 27: Glass of Red Tea

# CHAPTER 27

Stacie's POV

Donald was all I'm thinking at this moment right now.

I missed him.

I've even missed him more.

Those late night phone calls just talking about how our days had been, laughing about silly things, sharing cheesy conversations, and even falling asleep with our phones still lingering on top of our ears. Hoping that maybe even in the deepest parts of our sleep, we can still listen to each other's sweet voices.

Waking up in the morning to the sound of his voice beside me like the smell of freshly brewed coffee which was enough to brighten up my day ahead and put a smile on my face.

Those were the better days.

A better fucking day he made me feel.

Until one day, it's like a storm that hit him and he just forgot all about me and the way we used to be. One thing lead to another and I'm stuck here waiting, my phone glued to my hand hoping that maybe he'd change his mind and call me back but.. he never did. He never did. So I put my phone far from me.

Actually he's happy without me. He shut me down so easily like he never even shed a single affection for me. I was ashamed of myself though, because I'd shed a thousand and even a million just to make him happy but he never even gave me a chance. He just left me hanging and I'm so fool if I hold onto him for so long.

Truth is, yeah there is still a tiny part of my heart that wishes he'd come back and make everything better for me again because he is the only person I could ever think of that can make things better for me. Even though he's the sole reason of my misery in the first place.

How ironic.

Now I'm in the kitchen, cooking something for us to eat. We're all not yet eating so I invited Emily to eat with us like I always did to Donald.

While Emily and Cassy are in the living room where they are playing dolls and stuffs. And I guess Cassy was enjoying her company.

I smiled.

Really good at making companies huh?

I heard their giggles over the living room. Cassy is a 7 year old girl and a very smart sweet child. She's my stress reliever and I'm so lucky to have her. I don't regret having a younger sister.

I heard them coming here while giggling. I saw Emily carrying Cassy in her arms as they entered the kitchen. Cassy is holding a phone while concentrating there. Guessing it was Emily's phone and she's playing something. I smiled at them. She put Cassy on the chair beside her.

"Hey Stace, Emily taught me how to play Candy Blush." Cassy said and giggled.

"It's Candy Crush."

"Ahh. Candy Plus." She said and giggled again.

"I said Candy CRUSH. C-R-U-S-H. Crush."