CHAPTER 23: Letting You Go

# CHAPTER 23

Chloe's POV

Oh gosh. I'm getting crazier each day! I didn't know what to react!

Beca is the fucking owner of Barden?! SERIOUSLY?

This whole ass school is hers!

Okay. Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm gonna enter a relationship with her for Pete's sake coz she likes me and i like her too and it will be a serious problem if she thinks I'm taking advantage of her.

But I like her before she told me that, right?

My deep thoughts stopped when my phone vibrates.

Tyler: Hi baby. Someone gets me out of prison. Unknown. Is that you? I know you're very sorry for cheating and I already forgave because of that. Hurting you was a mistake I need to pay for so I'm here but you don't need to get me outta here.

Me: What are you talking about?

Tyler: Oh please don't pretend you didn't know.

Me: Look. I'm not the one who you thought would do that and I will never do that after all you have done to me. Don't call me baby anymore. We're already over. I hope I clear something.

After that he kept on calling and calling so turned off my phone.

I continue reading the book I bought in a little garage.

Beca's POV

Out of all the people I fell in love with, you were the one who I pictured a life with. Not any life, but the life I've always wanted. You were the one that I felt something with I have never felt before. You were the one whose with, it made sense. You were the one of my dreams. You were a wish that came true too soon. A dream that turned to a nightmare, a disappointment, a heartache.

I'm letting you go because you gave up. You gave up on me, you gave up on us, you gave up on love and most especially, you gave up on your life. And so I get it when you said you had nothing to fight for because you believe on him and not on my promises. I'm letting you go because loving you is like loving the wind. I can't be with you anymore but you kept on hunting me with the feeling of how our memories were so perfect. I want to create a new memory again, but sadly not with you. And because it's my last resort and I will never allow failures this time so I'm letting you go. Holding onto the memories is also withholding my happiness. I wanted to be happy again and fight the same fight you gave up on.

I wanted to date Chloe without a baggage on my chest. I wanted to feel love again. To be loved again. So I am here on her grave.

Grave that no one wants me to visit. I bite my lips.

This will be the last time I am going here.

Hopefully.

Oh god. Even your grave doesn't want me to let you go. I didn't know this would be as hard as this.