Epilogue

Chloe watched Lillie happily meeting each of her pokemon. She and Snowy were quite the pair, they were so polite and cheerful. It was quite funny to see how different Lillie was from Gladion.

"Wow, all of your pokemon look so strong!" the blond girl examined each and every one of them. "The coloring on that Braviary is so unique! And seeing an extinct pokemon like Tyrantrum is incredible! And this Lucario wears a Mega Stone! I've only ever read about Mega Evolution!"

Chloe laughed lightly. "Thanks for all the compliments, Lillie." She glanced at Snowy, who was nuzzling Ninetales. "And it looks like those two have just become the best of friends." Lillie looked at them, smiling brightly. "I hope we'll be good friends too."

"I know we will," Lillie told her. "This trip together will make us closer as friends and a family."

Chloe leaned back against the railing. "I really am glad your mom invited me along."

"Well, you mean a lot to my brother, which makes you an honorary family member." Lillie went to her side, the sea breeze blowing through their hair. "Honestly, I haven't seen Gladion smile so much since we were children. You make him really happy, I can tell."

The redhead blushed and smiled. "Really? And here we didn't get along at all when we first met." She noticed the curiosity in Lillie's green eyes, and giggled lightly. "You see, we started working together to stop the invading Nihilego, and both of us would've rather worked alone. But the more we talked, the more we understood and got to know each other. Turns out we have a lot more in common than we thought. And things just kinda...happened."

"Aww," the blond cooed, "that's so sweet. You two really are perfect together."

The sound of footsteps interrupted their conversation, and they turned their heads to see Gladion and Lusamine. They had both been discussing the plan going forward along with rooming. Lillie was already aware of the plan, so Lusamine wanted to fill in her son. Gladion also dangled a key between his fingers.

"Ladies," he greeted, going to Chloe with a smile. He pecked her cheek. "Chloe, we get to share a room. That all right with you?"

She giggled. "Of course that's all right. I've gotten too accustomed to your company to room by myself." She was about to kiss him, but stopped herself when she heard the soft giggles of the other two females. She cleared her throat and backed away, taking his hand instead. "Um, so, what would you like to do?"

Gladion chuckled. "Why don't we check out our room? We need to take our luggage anyway." The girl nodded in agreement. "Lillie, Mother, we'll catch up with you in a bit."

"Okay," the woman replied. "Take your time. There's no need to rush. We've all got plenty of time."

Chloe returned her pokemon, waved to the two, and left with Gladion. They gathered their luggage and searched for their room, finding it rather quickly. The boy unlocked the door and opened it, letting Chloe in first. The redhead was in awe of how nice their accommodations were, dropping her bags. The room was rather spacious, with a large bed made for two.

"Your mom really went overboard. Did you know she was going to book us a couple's room?"

Gladion surprised the girl by wrapping his arms around her, hugging her from behind. "Actually, I requested a room like this." He affectionately kissed her cheek.

Chloe giggled at his behavior. "Oh? It's rare for you to be so romantic. What's the occasion?"

"Does there have to be one?" The boy nuzzled the side of her head. "We're in for a long trip, and the ocean can be quite beautiful to see with someone special. I just want to enjoy every bit I can with you, especially when you look so radiant."