Chapter 12

Chloe sighed, rubbing her temple with her fingers. "And you're sure? Are you really sure it's Team Skull?"

"I'm afraid so," Gladion replied, returning his pokemon like Chloe did. He double checked to make sure they had everything. "Even though Team Skull was disbanded months ago, there are still a few grunts that are stuck in their old ways. They don't usually cause much trouble, but there are exceptions...like now."

"Well, don't fret about it, we'll take care of them," the girl assured.

After having breakfast, Gladion had gotten word from Faba that there hadn't been any updates on Nihilego, but there had been reports on some Team Skull grunts causing trouble for both people and pokemon around Ula'ula. Though the news worried Chloe, she put on a brave face. It wasn't Team Skull she was afraid of, they were like family to her, after all, but for Gladion to find out about her connection to Team Skull, that's what had her scared. What will he think? Will he still like me? What if he doesn't want to be around me anymore? These were the thoughts that plagued her mind. She knew that he'd have to find out at some point though, so perhaps it was best to get it out of the way now.

The two trainers left the hotel once they had everything, and they flew on Braviary toward Ula'ula Island. "So, where to?" the redhead asked, looking over her shoulder at Gladion. "Is there any specific place where Team Skull is causing problems?"

"According to Faba, Malie City and Blush Mountain are the most common areas they've been messing around at. We can just glide over and see if we spot any trouble."

Chloe nodded. "You heard him, Braviary."

"Bravi brav!"

They were soaring over Malie City before long. Chloe and Gladion leaned over the flying type to scan the ground below. There were people and pokemon going about their business, but no sign of any trouble. They continued along Route 12 toward Blush Mountain, keeping an eye on everything below. It was then that Gladion caught sight of three dark figures down at the Secluded Shore. He squinted to see better, recognizing the familiar black and white apparel of Team Skull.

"Chloe, down there." He pointed to the shore, directing her attention to the small beach.

The girl sighed, noticing they were throwing netting into the water. "I see them. Come on, Braviary."

The bird pokemon dove down at her command, flying to the beach. The grunts turned and yelped in surprise as Braviary landed, stirring up sand from his wings. The trio blinked, frozen in place after recognizing the shiny Braviary. Gladion hopped off the pokemon's back, frowning in disapproval.

"So, you're the ones causing trouble around the island," he said. "Do you have any idea-"

He was cut off by Chloe storming past him, an angry look on her face. He was about to warn her to be careful, but stopped himself when he saw her march right up to the grunts with her hands on her hips.

"Tupp, Rapp, Zipp," the girl uttered each of their names in a stern, commanding tone.

The leader of the trio, Tupp, gulped. "P-Princess...we haven't seen you in ages."

"Don't change the subject," the redhead coldly replied. "Why are you dummies down here throwing nets in the water? Team Skull disbanded."

Gladion was shocked, his green eyes wide. They know her? She knows them? No way... He was coming to an unexpected conclusion. He stayed quiet for the moment though, watching how this played out.

Rapp and Zipp hid behind Tupp, but the pink-haired female shakily spoke up, "Um, we were just trying to catch some cute water types...honest."

"Please don't tell the boss what we've been up to," Zipp pleaded from behind their leader.