Chapter 17

Clasping Gladion's hand, Chloe led him through Po Town. The houses were still old and abandoned, there was trash everywhere, and faded graffiti stained nearly every surface. Even Team Skull rarely resided there anymore, it was mainly just Guzma that still went back there. Though this time, when the girl pushed open the doors of the Shady House, there were actually a few grunts there.

They all turned their attention to the pair that stepped inside. "Yo, the princess is back!" One of the young men immediately approached her. "Been a long time, Chloe. We've been missing you." He held out his fist to her.

With a calm smile, Chloe met his fist with her own for a fist bump. "I admit, it's nice seeing you numskulls again."

"Hey, what's that traitor doing here?" a female grunt inquired, pointing to the blond boy beside Chloe.

Gladion narrowed his eyes slightly in irritation. Chloe was the one to frown and reply, "Gladion's here with me. If any of you have a problem with that, then you'll have to answer to me, got it?"

One of the other grunts was quick to hold his hands up defensively. "Not at all, Princess. You can do whatever you want, yo. But, uh...Guzma might not want to see someone like him, that's all."

Chloe huffed and twirled a few strands of her hair around her finger. "Speaking of Daddy, is he here?"

The grunt pointed his thumb behind him. "Upstairs in his room. He's been down lately, so maybe your presence will cheer him up."

The girl gave a single nod, took Gladion by the hand again, and led him past the grunts and up the staircase. She smiled to herself, already hearing the cheerful rapping of the group now that she had returned.

"C to the H to the L-O-E
Chloe's back, it's easy to see
Mess with her, she'll knock you down
Having fun, we'll rule the town

"Break it down
Stir it up
Tear it down
Mix it up

"Solid steel
Break the seal
Do the deal
Make it real

"Full power
Turn it up
Now she's back
She'll mess you up

"Put your hands together for Chloe and Guzma
Touch his girl and the boss'll have to bruise ya"

(This rap is my own twist on the anime rap Team Skull had. I think I did pretty well on it considering I've never written lyrics before.)

Gladion chuckled lightly, hearing the grunts' rap fade as they climbed the stairs. "They sure are lively."

"Yeah, I didn't realize how much I missed them all," the girl told him. "I haven't heard them rap like that in years."

"They're exaggerating though. Like you or Guzma could ever scare me. Neither of you are as intimidating as they make you out to be."

Chloe gave a mischevious giggle. "Oh, you might be surprised...but I know you're not one to back down easily." Bringing him upstairs, the girl paused, seeing a familiar pokemon standing guard outside the door to Guzma's room. "Golisopod..."

The dual type stared in surprise. "So...pod...?" He stretched his claws out, inviting the girl for a hug. "Goli! Golisopod!"

The redhead ran into the pokemon's awaiting arms, all three pairs engulfing her in return. "I'm glad to see you too. It's been so long." She could feel the pure joy emanating from him. She smiled as she pulled away, looking up at Golisopod. "I'm guessing Daddy's in there?"

With a nod, the pokemon stepped aside, allowing them through. Chloe hesitantly took the door knob, twisting it and opening the door. She slowly stepped inside with Gladion and Golisopod right behind her. Her eyes immediately landed on the man seated on his makeshift throne. He had a picture in his hands, gazing at it sadly. His room was as much of a mess as it ever was. Seemed that part didn't change.