Part 9: They Know?!

______________________________________
Raven pov
______________________________________

The memory of his lips on mine distracted me as I attempted to work. I already had 4 customers repeat their question in an annoyed tone. I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Beth's soft smile.

She is wearing a burgundy sweater, black t-shirt, and dark wash jeans. Her greying hair is pulled into a tight bun with her glasses softly placed on top of her head.

"Why don't you take a break? I'll take over the counter." She says, obviously aware of my wandering mind.

I nod, getting up from the soft computer chair. Beth takes my place as I retreat to the break room at the very back of the store. I sit down at the small circular table and let out a sigh. I can't believe I kissed Garfield. I can't believe he kissed back.

Just the memory makes my cheeks flush. I wonder what he's doing right now. I left early because I couldn't sleep well and couldn't face him yet. He looked so cute sleeping on the couch when I left.

Half the blanket was kicked off, exposing Garfield's upper body. His shirt was riding up and exposed a small part of his toned stomach. I wanted to lean down and kiss him again, but it wouldn't have been good to kiss a sleeping person.

I wonder if it'll be awkward when I go back home. Should I stay here at the store for one night before I see him again? What if he's already regretting the kiss?

I can hear footsteps coming towards the break room. I look up at the doorway as Beth walks in. She sits across from me, her expression is hard to read. Hopefully she isn't too mad about my airheadedness.

"So, dear..." She says slowly. "Who is the new man in your life?" A smile tugs at the sides of her lips.

My mouth drops open. I'm too flustered to respond. At this point Beth is roaring laughing.

"You look like a dear caught in the headlights!" She giggles.

I pull my hoodie around me and pull the hood up over my head, tightening the strings and hiding my face. Beth's laugh slowly dies down.

"Sorry dear, it's just so funny watching young love." She says wiping a tear.

I peek out of my hoodie. I'm sure my face is redder than a tomato. I have no idea how to talk about all of this. How I'm feeling. Why I'm feeling whatever I'm feeling. I'm so not use to all of these... Emotions. Thankfully these emotions don't cause my powers to go out of control.

"Dear, don't look so confused. It's perfectly normal to fall in love." Beth says reaching out to take my hand.

"I just didn't think I liked this guy that way. I always saw him as... a goofy kid? An idiot? Kind of lame? Then I suddenly can't stop looking at him, thinking about how cute he is, or even thinking his jokes are funny! What do I do?" I ask, clutching Beth's hand.

"Well why don't you just date him?" She says bluntly.

"But-" I get cut off by the ding of multiple texts on my phone.

I check the number. It's Star. I wonder what she is texting for. I open the messages.

I SAW FRIEND BEAST BOY IN YOUR PLACE OF LIVING!

ARE YOU TWO WHAT THEY CALL THE LOVERS?!

WHEN DID FRIEND BEAST BOY COME BACK?!

HAVE YOU TWO PRESSED YOUR LIPS TOGETHER YET?

AHHHH WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME FRIEND RAVEN?!

I HAVE TOLD FRIEND CY AS WELL.

HE WAS VERY THE SURPRISED.

-Starfire/Kory

Starfire and Cyborg know?! What the heck happened in the last 5 hours?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another short and delayed update (・ัω・ั). I just finished midterm exams and, drum roll please (insert drum roll noises). I am working on a new series!
The new series will be a collection of short stories that are all types of genres. I'll give more details when I'm closer to publishing it. I will still be writing Five Years, hopefully consistently.
Hope y'all enjoyed and remember to stay safe! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤