Part 5: You Make Me Feel...

______________________________________
Raven pov
______________________________________

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I'll tell you some other time. It's late and I am exhausted from traveling." Beast Boy says getting up from his seat and collapsing on the couch.

"Fine, but I'm asking you first thing tomorrow!" I declare, drinking the rest of my tea.

"Alright, oh and one last thing." He calls as I put my drink in the sink. "I don't go by Beast Boy anymore, so call me Garfield."

I almost drop my cup because it's the first time he's told me his name. I learned Cy's real name after the Titans split and Star created a more human name derived from her actual name. Robin, well we never spoke much after the split.

"Okay then, Garfield." I said stiffly.

I heard him let out a sleepy giggle. I walked over to the back of the couch and playfully smacked him.

"Woah! Easy there." He said laughing as I continued to smack him.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me over the couch with surprising ease. I landed on top of him, no longer laughing. I was suddenly hyper aware of his touch.

One hand was still on my wrist and the other around my body, making sure I didn't fall off the couch. My heart felt like it was trying to jump out of my chest.

His laugh died down when he noticed I wasn't laughing. He carefully helped me up.

"Sorry, I took that too far didn't I?" He says running a hand through his hair.

I didn't know how to respond. Words won't form no matter how much I try. I simply nod and walk into my room, shutting the door behind me. I fall onto my bed face first.

What in the hell was that? Why couldn't I say anything? He's going to think I'm mad at him. When in reality I'm far from mad at him. I want more of him, but I'm sure he doesn't feel the same. I wasn't the nicest to him. Hell, I was no better than Robin at some points.

I let out a long sigh. I don't even know why I'm feeling this way. He and I have always been just friends. I never have thought of him as anything else and he hasn't thought of me as anything more...  right?

______________________________________
Beast Boy pov
______________________________________

Crap, I pissed Rae off. She didn't even say goodnight. Way to go me. I sigh and pull the covers over my face. At least I avoided telling her about Terra tonight. I'm sure I would have accidentally confessed to her because I'm so stupid tired.

I ran as a cheetah most of the way and walked the rest. I definitely didn't want to scare the locals and get animal control called on me. I don't want anyone knowing I'm here. At least not yet.

Running into Rae immediately definitely wasn't planned, but thankfully she didn't kill me. I thought she'd hate me after leaving without a word.

I'm glad she was the one I ran into first. She looked so beautiful with the moonlight behind her. Damn, I shouldn't be thinking these things. She doesn't even like me the same way. She never has.
______________________________________
The next morning
______________________________________

Ring
        Ring
                Ring

I groan and push the blankets off of me. Someone is ringing the doorbell. I start to get up and answer when I remember this isn't my place.

Rae stumbles out of her room, obviously still half asleep. She's wearing a black tank top and shorts with little chibi bear faces on them. I can't help but chuckle a little. It seems like the complete opposite of the old Rae.

She opens the door and I hear a loud squeal of surprise from Rae. I hear another woman speak and instantly recognize her voice. I immediately lay flat on the couch so I'm not seen.

"Friend Rachel! It is so good to see you! How has the work been?" Starfire's happy voice carried through the apartment.

"I- I'm good. Why... How..." Rae sputtered. I quickly turn into a spider and crawl onto the wall. Hiding in a corner up by the ceiling.

"I thought I would surprise you! I couldn't make it for the day of births, but I made it the day after! Let us celebrate your 21st year of living!" I watched Starfire embrace Rae in a huge hug. I'm glad I'm not the one receiving that hug.

"Yeah, that... That sounds good."  Rae says.

Rae looks towards the couch as Star walks into the apartment. Star notices the blankets on the couch and looks at Rae curiously.

"Uh. I fell asleep out here instead of my bed." Rae says a pitch higher than usual.

I almost fall off the wall from laughing. Starfire has her hands on her hips and looks around the room. She notices my bag and puts a hand over her mouth, smiling.

"You have a boy over! Is he what you call a lover??" Starfire is squealing and giggling.

"No star. They're just a friend visiting the city." Rae says, her face slightly flushed.

She looks so cute with flushed cheeks. I wish those flushed cheeks were because of me, but I know it's just because she's embarrassed.

"Should I come back later?" Star asked still smiling from ear to ear. It's obvious she doesn't believe Rae.

"No, it's okay. They're out right now so I'll just call them and tell them I'm going out. Just give me a bit to get ready." Rae says walking towards her bedroom.

"Okay! I shall do the waiting here then." Starfire says taking a seat by the counter as Rae closes her bedroom door to change.

I quickly repel down the wall and crawl under Rae's door. Rae is looking through her closet. I transform into human form behind her.

"Ooo, that would look nice on you." I whisper so Starfire can't hear me.

Rae turns around quickly, looking up at me startled. Our faces are close together and it's taking everything in me to not lean down just a little more...

"Jeez, you- ." She is whispering back, but I stopped paying attention.

I start leaning down, closing the gap between our lips...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, because of the fall semester starting up again I will be busier so updates might get a bit shaky. I'll still try to update once a week or so, but expect some delays. Also, there's a new cover!! (。・‿・。)
Stay safe out there ya'll'all!