Part 24: Help

______________________________________
Raven's pov
______________________________________

I wake up to the loud hum of the plane. I look out the window and all I can see is the white clouds below. I can see Nightwing's black hair peeking up at the top of the pilot's seat.

"Are we almost back to the mansion?" I ask, my voice a bit rough from sleeping.

"We're still a half hour out." Nightwing replies.

I notice I'm still holding the crystals. I look at both of them. The black one seems to have gotten darker. I hope he's still alive in there.

I hear Nightwing say something, but it's hard to hear.

"What was that?" I ask, leaning forward.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly.

I had almost forgotten about our history with everything that happened.

"Okay..." Is all I can manage to say.

"I really am. I messed up back then. I wasn't in a good place and I ended up taking out on all of you, especially Beast Boy. I even managed to lose Starfire." He says.

I have no idea how to respond to this. On one hand I'm glad he's talking about it and apologizing, but on the other hand he really broke us all apart. The affect he had on Gar was... Really bad.

"When we get everything settled we'll all have a long overdue talk." I say.

I notice a slight nod in acknowledgement. For the rest of the flight we sat in silence. Once we land Nightwing helps me walk into the mansion.

I spot to my left Batman coming down the hallway. He notices me and walks towards us.

"It's good to see you are safe Miss Rachel Roth or do you prefer Raven?" He asks.

"Either is fine with me." I reply, my leg throbbing and giving out.

Nightwing catches me before I completely fall and hit the ground. Batman quickly picks me up.

"Let me help you. You've been through enough already." He says carrying me down the hall.

He takes me to the infirmary and places me on the bed.

"I'll call for Alfred to tend to your injury. Nightwing, take the crystals to Cyborg and then come back to tend to Miss Rachel." Batman says.

I carefully place the crystals in Nightwing's hand. Hoping to see Gar again soon. Nightwing nods and leaves the room. I lay down, relaxing for the first time in a little bit.

The door clicks open. I turn my head to see who it is, but I wish I hadn't. The familiar blond hair and blue eyes is the last thing I want to see.

"Raven! I'm so glad you're okay." Terra says as she comes over to me.

I bite my lip and nod. I don't want to talk to her right now. I can already feel my blood boil. I notice that my powers aren't going out of control. I don't even feel the power surging through me.

Terra's hand on my arms brings me out of my thoughts.

"So, Beast Boy and I kissed. Sorry." She says.

My mind swirls with confusion, hurt, and anger. Is she just messing with me? Or is she serious?

"I know you just got back, but I think it's better if I tell you now. I still like Beast Boy and he still likes me. We agreed to tell you once you got back." Terra says looking nervously at me.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. She's trying to mess with me, right? Gar wouldn't do that to me... He just wouldn't.

I feel tears welling up even thinking that what she's saying might be true. I need to hear it from Gar. I remind myself to keep my emotions in check, but realize I still can't sense my powers.

Terra leans in and wipes a tear that I didn't even notice falling down my cheek.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." Terra says cupping my cheek in her palm.

I look at her in the eyes. I notice her eyes seem a bit cloudy. Before I can react Terra's hand is on my throat.

I try to push her away, but I'm too exhausted and can't use my powers. I can feel my airways getting blocked as she squeezes.

Somebody help me.