Part 7: I Like You

______________________________________
Raven's pov
______________________________________

"What did you mean last night when you said you didn't really love Terra?" I ask, looking him in the eye.

Garfield smiles at me. A smile that feels like it's melting my heart. He's quiet for so long I start to think he isn't going to answer. He let's out a sigh.

"While I was away I thought about her a lot. At first I was still pretty heartbroken, but as I thought about it more and more I realized I didn't love her like that. I loved the way she treated me. She was the only one who treated me as an equal and not as some stupid kid." He says, looking up at the ceiling.

His eyes look towards me, but I look away. It's true none of us treated him equally. We always treated him like a goofy kid. My chest tightens and I can feel the sting of tears forming.

"But I don't actually love her. Sure she was pretty, funny, and like gaming with me, but I like her more as a friend." He says shifting to sit cross legged.

I casually wipe my eyes, hoping he doesn't notice. I feel terrible that we made him feel that way. That I made him feel that way.

"I'm sorry Garfield." I say quietly.

He fully turns to me looking me in the eye.

"It's okay Rae." He says calmly.

How can he be so calm? Has he really forgiven everything? Everything that happened? I can feel the tears threatening to fall.

I shut my eyes willing the tears to go away. Suddenly I feel a gentle hand reach around and pull me into an embrace. His arms wrap around my body, holding me close to his chest. I can't help but cry.

We sit there for a while, with his hand patting me on my back as I cry against him. I don't even remember the last time I cried. Maybe when the Titans split, but I didn't cry like this.

I pull away once my tears have stopped falling. Garfield is looking at me with kind eyes and I can't help but think I don't deserve it.

"Hey Rae?" He asks quietly. I nod quietly, wiping my eyes. "You never answered whether we could call this a date." He says smirking.

"Why would you want it to be a date?" I ask.

He gives me this look like I'm oblivious and says "I like you, duh."
______________________________________
Beast Boy's pov
______________________________________

I figure I have nothing to lose. At worst I'll just go back to traveling alone and at best she'll give me a chance. She's silent though. She's looking into my eyes searching for something.

"Are you joking?" She asks quietly.

I have no idea whether she wants me to be joking or not. Her face isn't giving anything away.

"Which would you rather?" I raise and eyebrow at her.

She sits there silently, looking at me. Suddenly she reaches out and touches my cheek. I feel my face instantly flush. My heart is starting to beat faster and my mind won't stop racing.

"Rae?" I ask quietly.

"Do you really like me?" She asks slowly moving in closer to my face.

"I... Um..." I gulp, nervousness taking control. "I mean... Will I die if I say yes?"

She leans in, a hand on my thigh and the other on my cheek, pulling me into a kiss. Her soft lips pressing onto mine. I reach up and place a hand behind her head, gently pulling her into a deeper kiss.

After several moments she pulls away. Her face is flushed and I can tell she's freaking out. I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest.

"So um... I need to go to bed because I uh... have work tomorrow." She says flustered.

"Yeah, okay. Goodnight Rae." I say still stunned.

She gets up and walks into her bedroom, closing the door behind her. I stay on the couch replaying what just happened. I... No Rae kissed me. I turn off the lights and lay down. I wonder what it will take to make her mine. Does she even want to be mine?

I need to talk to her before she goes to work. I need to properly confess. Hopefully she feels the same. I mean she kissed me, so she must feel something, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey y'all, sorry for the shorter chapter. My cat died and I just couldn't complete a full chapter. Hopefully y'all still enjoy it. Give your pets some love and stay safe (◍•ᴗ•◍).