Double April Fools!

Raven is helping Cyborg with a new invention, leaving Garfield alone at the apartment. Currently he's playing a video game called Legend of Helda.

The main objective is to cut grass, break townspeople's pots, and roll into trees until you're concussed for money.  There are also chickens that fight you if you anger them. They will absolutely murder you due to being as strong as a ultra mega boss.

In the middle of being dazed from rolling into trees, Garfield receives a text message. He pauses the game and smiles when he sees it's from Raven.

RaeBae: Gar, I need to tell you something.

What's up, Rae?

RaeBae:Well... I'm pregnant.

Garfield drops his phone onto the floor. He knew it would happen eventually. Especially since they had decided to start trying to have a child, but so soon?! Without a second thought he texts Raven back saying he is in his way to see her.

He pops off his game and rushes out of the apartment. Running down the street he picks up a bouquet of Raven's favorite black pansies from a nearby florist. This is the best day of his life.

Garfield wanted nothing more than to make a family with the love of his life. He didn't even notice that he was already almost at Cyborg's workshop that he set up in the city.

Garfield walks in and quickly makes his way inside. He finds Raven standing at the far end of the workshop, focusing on something on the worktable. He quietly makes his way over to her and taps her shoulder. She quickly spins around.

"Gar! What are you doing here?" She asks surprised.

"You texted me that you're pregnant! I'm so happy I just had to come see you and I brought these!" Garfield says, handing her the bouquet.

She takes them, stunned. It takes her a moment to process everything.

"Hold on. I didn't text you though..." Raven says confused.

"You didn't?" Garfield asks equally confused.

At the door Cyborg appears with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I sent that! April fools!!!" He laughs up a storm.

"Dang it, Cy! I was so excited!" Garfield exclaims, running over to Cy and pulling him into a joking headlock.

They wrestle around for a bit laughing together.

"Well, I suppose now it a good time." Raven says, grabbing the boy's attention. "Double April fools! I am actually pregnant!"

Garfield immediately drops Cyborg and runs over to Rae.

"Really? You really really mean it? No joke?" Garfield asks.

Raven nods while laughing at Garfield's excited puppy dog reaction.

"Congratulations you two!" Cy yells from the ground.

Garfield and Raven embrace each other in a flurry of laughter and smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next update will be on Monday due to my exam being on April fools (fitting isn't it?). I hope you enjoyed and stay safe y'all! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Five Yearsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें