"Ellie," 

She smiled. "What grade are you in?" she asked me excitedly. "I'm a senior."

"Really? Oh, me too!" I said enthusiastically. "But I haven't got my schedule, though. I was way too early,"

She raised her arm to look at her wristwatch. "Class will start in about fifteen minutes," she announced before lifting her eyes back to me. "I can show you the way to the office if you want to,"

"Sure," I commented, throwing my hands in the air. "I've been wandering around the school but there was still no sign of the office," I laughed sheepishly. 

Reese averted her eyes to the trophy case. "I saw you were interested in basketball."

I glanced at the trophy case and shook my head aggressively, feeling very embarrassed. "Oh, no, no. I was just looking at the trophies. I don't even know how to hold the basketball ball properly,"

Reese laughed, but she dropped the subject anyway. "I think we should get going. Shall we?" 

"Right."

This was a great start after all - whoop - I just made my first friend. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Help me. 

Those two words are technically my most-said words when I was in the first class of the day; English. 

I was sitting right at the back of the class, holding up a textbook with my hands - and was too afraid to even make a single move. Perspiration was currently happening really fast on the hot spots like my forehead and neck, so I had to drop my textbook and wipe it off. The action only took five seconds, though - the fastest wiping I'd ever done in my whole seventeen years of life. 

The door to my class flung open and a young woman trudged her way into into the class, holding a stack of books in her hands. The teacher was beautiful, really. Her golden, blonde hair shimmered as the sunlight that was coming from the window hit it. She looked to be in her twenties, pretty young to be a teacher. A huge smile was decorating her face. 

"Hello everyone! I'm Gail Thompson, but you can call me, Ms. Gail. I hope we can work well together," she said happily, clasping her hand together. Her eyes wandered around the room as she observed her new students. "To start it off, turn to the person next to you and discuss your favorite novel with her or him."

I gasped, and my heart stopped instantly. 

Why? Out of all the tasks available in the world, my lovely-looking new teacher had to choose the task that'd involve talking to the person sitting next to me. The person that scared the unicorns out of me. 

Why was I scared of my new neighbor that much?

Well, let me honor you by telling what happened earlier this morning. 

Everything pretty much started when Reese and I had gotten my schedule from the office, and then we both studied it together. It turned out Reese and I were in the same class for a few subjects, including the first one for today. I couldn't be thankful enough. At least I knew I wasn't going to turn up alone. 

Reese told me everything I should know about this school while we were walking down to our first class which was English. She was a really friendly person, and I was really happy that I finally made a friend. 

They say friendship is something really valuable, and once you've found the one, you'd never want to let go. I wished Reese was the friend I'd been looking for.