Twenty-Seven

Z

I stirred around on my bed. I felt around and couldn't feel Mammon nor Beel. I opened my eyes and noticed I wasn't in my bed. I sat up and saw Diavolo sleeping at the edge of my bed. What's going on?

"Diavolo?" I reach over and comb his hair with my fingers. He softly opens his eyes, when he sees me he instantly smiles.

"How are you feeling?" He climbs onto my bed and places his hand on top of my head and slides it down to my cheek. "You had me scared." He had a soft look on his face.

"I'm fine. Why am I here?"

He smiles, "I brought you here. Rest up, and we'll talk about something, okay." He pats my head and gets up.

I get up, "I'm feeling fine. I'll just head back home. The guys must be worried." I chuckled.

Diavolo stopped with his back towards me. "I said to rest. We need to talk about something very important, so I need you well-rested."

I smile, "I'm fine honestly."

"You are going to rest. Understood." He turned to face me, his whole face changed and his eyes fogged up. "You will stay here and not leave until I say so." He turned and opened the door, "Keep an eye on her, I don't want her leaving this room." He told Barbatos.

I'm not liking this one bit.

Narrator

Diavolo gives his order to Barbatos and goes to grab something in his room, before leaving for the House of Lamentation.

When he got to the house, all the brothers greeted him. "It's unusual to be here on your own," Lucifer tells him as they sit in the living room.

"Yes, well I have him looking over something important." Diavolo kept a serious face.

"How's Z? Did she wake up?" Beelzebub asked.

"That's not important." He cut him short. "I'm just here to give you guys something. Hopefully, you eat them and enjoy them. Thank you for looking after Z all this time. You no longer need to do so, nor will you be seeing her at all, anymore."

What do ya mean, not seein' her anymore!?" Mammon jumped up from his seat. "Ya can't take her away from us! She's bonded to us!"

Diavolo stood up, 'You won't for too long." He looked at the cookies and walked out.

Beelzebub dropped his shoulders and reached for a cookie. Satan also grabbed one but started sniffing it. "Don't eat it!" He quickly slapped it away from Beelzebub. They all looked at him, and he sniffed the cookie again. "Dragon root, Frog nits, some other herbs, and Z's blood."

"Why would he use these on cookies?" Beelzebub asked.

"They are used for bond breaking. He wants to break the bonds we have with her." He looks down at the cookies.

"He doesn't want us near his sister." Leviathan sighed.

"Don't worry, she won't let him get his way." Lucifer grabbed his phone and sent a message.

Z

I placed my phone down and got dressed. I opened the door and Barbatos was outside the door. "Is there something you need?" He smiled at me.

"Where's Diavolo?" I ask.

"He'll be back soon, my lady. You should wait in the room." He beamed a smile at me.

"You have a handsome smile, but it doesn't work on me. I'll wait in the library." I walked away and headed to the library.

"Z." Diavolo's cheerful voice echoes through the rows of shelves. I close the poem book and look over to him. "There you are." He grins and sits next to me on the bench. He combs through my hair.

"I'm going back to my partners," I told him.

"You don't need to. You will be staying here. I made sure they don't have anything to do with you." He looked at me seriously.

I stood up, "I understand you are trying to play the big brother card, but I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself."

"Whenever you're with them something always happens to you." He growls.

"It was a mistake. I'll just train some more so that I can protect myself better. I don't need you to clean up after me." I hissed.

I turned and started walking away, "You will give no other choice if you choose to go to them."

"Are you threatening me, big brother?" I turned and glared at him.

He smirked, "I guess so, little sister. If you don't do as I say, I will do the only thing I can do to the brothers."

"And what is that?" I balled up my hands into a fist.

"I will kill them. And trust me, I always keep my word."