Another Day

Elira's POV

---- Sometime after reuniting with Klaus-----

I laid down in the grass, taking in a deep breath. The smell of summer, new cut grass, and flowers. It had been a long while since I felt a calmness washing over my soul, like what I was feeling right now. I put my arms behind my head for support and closed my eyes enjoying the moment.

However, I was quickly interrupted by a weight landing on my stomach. 

"Elira! I am bored!" Hope's voice rang out

"Oh, you little rascal!" I said as I grabbed her, laid her in the grass, and started to tickle her. She laughed out happily.

"Rude of you to ask for me to play with you by falling onto my stomach." I laughed as I stopped tickling her.

"I'm sorry, Elira. You're good at making me less bored, so I thought it would be a good idea to get your attention." Hope said innocently as she wiped away the tears from laughing.

"Okay, you got me there. If you keep this up you'll be as good as your father at manipulating people." I said jokingly and Hope giggled.

"What is this I hear about me manipulating people?" I heard Klaus' voice say questionable from behind us.

"Nothing!" we answered in unison. Our gazed both snapped to each other as we fell down on the grass laughing at our coordination.

I rose to my feet and greeted Klaus with a kiss.

"Ew, gross. I think I'll rather play with mom." Hope said and made mocking kissy-faces at us. Klaus chuckled and turned to me.

"You're good with her... You've become really motherly over the past few months." Klaus purred pulling me close to him.

"Thank you. I never imagined I'd ever spend time with or around a child. Especially not a stepmother... or whatever I am in this odd family." I laughed and kissed Klaus on the cheek. Klaus moved his arm, making me do a spin as he caught me in his arms again.

"How odd that I've always imagined you as a motherly character for Hope." His words made me smile. I gently grabbed his face and kissed him deeply. Pouring all of my love for him into it. He returned the kiss with just as much passion.

He broke off the kiss, smiling. "I'm looking forward to spending eternity with you, Elira Mikaelson." 

"Not 'Mikaelson' just yet. I don't see a ring on this finger." I mocked showing him my ring finger. Klaus responded by grabbing my hand and sliding a ring on it.

"What's this?" I asked confused. Looking at the beautiful, yet simple ring.

"I now see a ring on your finger, Elira Mikaelson." He stated with a smirk

"Is this your cheap way of asking me to marry you?" I asked giving him a look

"We both know you're not the person for huge romantic acts, so I made it simple." Klaus said and tried to lean in for a kiss but I stopped him.

"No, no. You're right. But you still have to ask me." I said trying to keep a straight face

"Ok. Will you--" I interrupted him again.

"On one knee," I stated plainly.

"How demanding we are today," Klaus said faking being annoyed

"Elira, love of my life. Will you do me, Niklaus Mikaelson, the honor of taking my hand in marriage, and join me in this lonely eternity of ours?" Klaus asked. I didn't know how I was going to react, I was never the dramatic, over-emotional type when it came to romance but as I looked into his eyes I never expected my reaction would be this as I felt tears starting to slip.

"No," I stated not so convincingly as the tears continued to fall

"No? I-" Klaus started his face falling in confusion and disappointment but I interrupted him before his thoughts could wander too far.

"Yes. yes, Of course, I will marry you! You big idiot" I exclaimed excitingly as I tackled him to the ground in a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Niklaus Mikaleson. I will always  love you." I smiled, never having felt happier in the entire span of my existence.

"I love you too, my strong warrior. I've waited an eternity to find you, and now that I have. I will not let you go.."

End of Chapter 1 of Short Stories

Some wholesome content I guess, hahaha

Until Next Time

~Eldriel