Long Time No See

Scarlett's POV

I reached the city in less than five minutes, feeling completely empty. I thought maybe I could change, maybe I could be better but Elijah proved that it was a stupid dream. 

I'm a monster... It's too late for me.

My head snapped to the left when the wind brought the smell of blood. 

I quickly ran in the direction of the smell and found a female vampire leaning over a teenage boy. Obviously drinking his blood. I felt my hunger getting to me. 

The veins under my eyes were throbbing and my fangs had pulsing pain going through them. I need... I need...

I charged the vampire without a second thought. I grabbed her by her long black hair and then grabbed her shoulder spreading them apart, giving me clear access to her neck. I bit down, hard, and quickly ripped out her jugular. The blood sprayed out of her neck and I drank deeply. I almost forgot about the human but his sprinting footsteps reminded me of his presence. I glanced over in his direction and watched him run down the alleyway. 

I dropped the vampire's limp bost and went after the boy. 

"Where do you think you're going?" I smiled. 

I could see the reflection of my bloody fangs in the boy's eyes, alongside his utter feeling of terror. Before he could scream I ran behind him, put both hands on his neck, and twisted. I watched his body hit the ground with a thud, his head still in my hands. I turned the head so I could see his eyes. I could see the fear lingering in them as they slowly became dull and lifeless.

I saw my reflection in a puddle of the boy's blood. My face was smeared with blood, luckily my clothes were black today. Meaning that the blood didn't show on them. 

This is who I am. 

I'm the bad guy in this story... 

...in every story.

I grabbed the boy's body and propped it up against the alley wall. I carefully placed his severed head back on his neck, making sure it didn't fall off... again. 

"You know... Life isn't fair, Buddy. Sometimes you just... have to die." I let out a sigh, sat down, and leaned against the opposite alley wall of the boy's body. I picked up my guitar, which was laying on the ground at the opening of the alley. 

I walked back to the boy, sat down again, and started playing. 

"I can't have love, so why should you." I spat at the boy and started to play a calm melody on my guitar.

Just as last time, I was interrupted. Very rudely may I add. This time? by a rushed Jakob. 

"I've been looking all over for you, Scar," he smiled. 

I groaned in response and stood up to face him. 

"What now?" I asked grumpily. 

"Wow! Calm down, Grandma. He wants to see you." Great! Just what I need... 

I followed Jakob to the hotel they were staying at. We entered and walked up the stairs to get to the floor they were on. We stopped outside door number 106. Jakob knocked a unique pattern on the door, then a very familiar, annoyed voice yelled from inside the room. 

"For God's sake, Boy! I can smell you from a mile away. You do not need to knock."

Jakob opened the door and I could feel the wind get knocked out of me as I saw him... 

He hadn't changed a bit in the last millennia. 

Well.. what did I really expect, he is a vampire after all. 

He turned towards me and smiled. 

"Covered in blood, as usual, My Dear. Good to see you again." He laughed and embraced me. 

I hugged him tightly as if he was the only constant left in my life. 

The stickiness of my clothes was a bit distracting but I decided to ignore it. 

"After all this time I get to see you again, Master," I said calmly with a beaming smile on my face. 

"I would be lying if I said I had not missed you. I have been stuck in that tomb for awfully long. Also how many times do I have to tell you..." He smiled and gently cupped my face in his hands in a fatherly fashion. 

"You can call me Mikael..."

End of Chapter 19

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Finally! You guys know who Scarlett's "Master" is. It took me a long time to figure out how to reveal it but here it is. Please leave a comment if you guessed it before it was revealed! The next chapter will be longer than this one. I promise!

Until next time!

~El