Beyond Time

Elira's POV

----A year or so later----

It feels like a lifetime since I sat here on this porch speaking to Matt about nothing and everything... It's only been a bit over a year but so much has happened, and I don't even know where to begin. I didn't think a bunch of kids was going to change my life, turn it, and twist it into something unknown and new. After what is it now 800? 900 years? I thought I had seen it all... experienced it all but I guess I was wrong.

One of the main events must have been Bonnie and I becoming stuck in some form of prison dimension. I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on at the time. Honestly, when you don't have a fear of dying because you're immortal your involvement in things becomes a fleeting matter, nothing seems that important. 

All I gathered during our mission to save people from purgatory, or whatever it was, was that Damon was about to pull his usual self-sacrifice stunt and I was not having it. I threw his ass through the portal and I ended up with Bonnie, who I honestly have had little interest in, and we both were sent to Mystic Falls or so it seemed... a Mystic Falls where time stood still. 

We were stuck in an endless loop of one day in 1994 and honestly, it was... an experience. We met this kid named Kai and long story short, he was a wackjob and we just got back home today. Bonnie's inside the Salvatore mansion assessing with the rest of the gang. 

'The gang'? What are we? Scooby-Doo and The Gang? What even is my life at this point...? 

I let out a loud sigh letting my head fall in my hands.

Anyway, a lot happened in that dimension. Bonnie discovered some things about me she should not know. Lucky for me she was not drinking vervain during our last days there so I made her forget. I just hope it will remain forgotten. I don't need her blabbering about who I am to the others. As far as I know, Stefan and Damon have remained quiet about my whole ordeal. 

Speaking of the two devils... Damon is with Elena now. Funny, right? I called it! I saw it in his eyes from the start. I would say by throwing Damon back through that portal I saved a relationship and deserve praise but I guess they don't see it that way. He was a bit angry at me for not letting him sacrifice himself but honestly, I couldn't care less. He doesn't know the truth about my immortality, and that was the best outcome for all of us. 

Talking about the other devil, Elena. I now know why she appeared so familiar to me. She's a doppelganger, which basically means there are a lot of copies of her in the world. And guess which one I've either seen or heard of a lot through my time, Katherine Pierce or Katherine Petrova. That woman sure gets around... Elijah, the Salvatores, and maybe Klaus but we're not going to talk about that. I've heard there have been others too.

Everyone seems to know the infamous Katherine. I on the other hand don't see the appeal. I mean I've lived for a long time and still haven't had the honor of meeting her... which I find rude. Women like us usually create a fun rivalry of sorts... like the ones you see in movies. Maybe we've had one and I never even noticed.

I smiled as a chuckle escaped my lips. "It would be typical of me" I mumbled.

I let out a low chuckle as I rubbed my face looking down the driveway.

 Also, I have seen Stefan and Caroline eyeing each other... I don't know what's up with teenagers these days... switching girlfriends and boyfriends like they're playing cards.

What else... What else... has happened this past year... Oh yes! Alaric got a girlfriend. Her name is Joe... don't get me started on Joe! Honestly, a lot was uncovered about her family in that prison dimension, and it's too much for my brain to comprehend or care about. These witches and their drama, honestly.