Teaching the Fledglings Part 2/2

Elira's POV

-----A few weeks later-----

I walked out into the garden behind the Salvatore mansion. I watched as Elena hit a boxing bag hanging from one of the trees nearby. Alaric was standing beside her, instructing her in what to do. 

"You're not giving it your all. Come on, Elena!" Alaric commanded sternly. Elena responded by glaring at the boxing bag giving it a hard hit as she said; 

"I'm exhausted, 'Ric. We've been doing this for hours." She complained as she hit the bag again.

I leaned against a tree close by with an amused expression on my face. Alaric must have sensed my presence because he looked up from focusing on Elena's bad technique and he caught my gaze. 

"Honestly, if this was anything close to real, Sweetheart... You'd be dead in an instant. I've been standing here for five minutes and you have yet to notice my presence." I chuckled lowly as I gave Elena a quick applause snapping her out of her concentration.

"Screw you, Elira. I'm exhausted." Elena responded in anger as she started to undo her hand wraps. 

"You think an enemy would care that you're exhausted? Being in a fight in the state you're in right now would probably be the closes you'll get to realistic." I stated matter-a-factly. Elena glared at me.

 "She's not wrong," Alaric replied. Elena turned her glare to him, and he put up his hands in defense as he let out a chuckle.

I don't know much about Alaric but from what I've been told and have observed, he's Damon's best friend, Elena, and Jeremy's kind of guardian. Also, he's a teacher at the local high school. Oh, and let's not forget that he's a hunter. He doesn't seem to like me, which is fine with me. We tolerate each other. That's all I need. However, since he is a hunter I will need to hide my former identity from him. I don't need that sort of drama. Him not liking me makes it easier.

"I tell you what, Elena. If you're able to land one punch on me you can take the rest of the day off. But I have to tell you... I won't hold back." I smirked at her as I pushed myself off the tree. She gave me a determined look as she replied; 

"Deal, let's shake hands on it." She said as she started to approach me.

"Nice try," I said as I appeared behind her. 

She whipped around and threw a punch toward me but I was already standing a few paces away from her, leaning against another tree. 

"Try again," I taunted her with a sly smile on my face.

A few minutes in I heard Damon and Stefan approach us. 

"This is not fair!" Elena yelled as she supported herself on her knees. 

"Fair? Sweetie, a fight is never fair." I said as I grabbed a branch and threw it toward her head. She ducked at the last second, dodging it. It almost hit Stefan and Damon who were standing idly by, watching us.

"Would you look at that! She's learning!" I exclaimed sitting on a branch above her head.

Elena moved fast but for me, it was like watching a normal human's movements. She leaned down, picked up a rock, and threw it in my general direction. I was quick to get down from the tree and smacked her in the back of the head.

"HEY!" she exclaimed as she held her hand on the back of the head. I heard Damon laugh from his position beside Alaric and Stefan. 

"Don't be so cocky, Salvatore!" I said calmly as I appeared behind him and smacked him hard against the back of the head.