Epilogue

Elira's POV

---Many years later----

"I guess always isn't forever after all, but the love stays with us, Hope. The love they gave us is what keeps us strong," I smiled at Hope as she had a thoughtful expression on her face. She reminded me so much of her father every time she got lost in her own thoughts.

"Your father, your mother may be gone... but I promise you to stay with you as long as I possibly can," I said wholeheartedly watching as a smile appeared on Hope's face. A smile I hadn't seen in a long while. I looked down on my lap twisting Klaus' lapis lazuli ring around my finger. Studying it as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. I remember the day he gave it to me as if it was yesterday... It was both a treasured memory and a hopeless nightmare;

"I want you to have this," Klaus said as he pulled his lapis lazuli ring off his finger and handed it to me. I didn't take it at first, not understanding why he would give it to me. It was a family ring and he needed it for when he entered the daylight. 

"Why? What's going on, Niklaus?" I asked suspiciously as I took a step closer to him.

"Nothing, Love. I just wanted you to have something that symbolized who you belong to," he purred as he stepped closer to me. I stepped away from him until my knees hit the edge of the bed, and buckled. Leaving me in a sitting position on the bed. 

He leaned down and placed a sweet and tender kiss on my lips, but I was not going to let that distract me from the topic at hand.

"Don't you 'love' me!" I said annoyed as I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him close to my face, holding him there. 

"Now, Niklaus Mikaelson. I am no idiot. I've lived almost as long as you, and if all those years taught me one thing... It is to tell when someone is lying!" I growled at him, the veins under my eyes slitering like snakes ready to strike.

A smirk appeared on his face as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on the puls of my neck. I felt a shiver go down my spine in response.

"I've always loved it when you take control, Elira," He purred softly as I felt another shiver go through my body. My name sounding like melted chocolate coming from his mouth.

"Stop," I said trying to sound stern but it came out softer than I had intended. I could feel his victorious smile against my neck.

I placed both my hands flat against his chest. I could feel him going in for another kiss on my neck believing he had won but I used my strength to push him off. Sending him flying across the room.

"You wish, Mikaelson," I said as I gave him a stern look. He let out a chuckled as he landed gracefully on the other side of the room.

"You know by now that I don't need the lapis lazuli ring-" I began but Klaus interrupted me before I could continue.

"Oh, Love. Believe me, I know." He said in a teasing voice. I froze completely giving him a death stare. I marched over to him and hit him hard in the arm as he giggled like a teenage boy. 

As I retracted my arm he moved before I could properly react. He pushed me up against the wall, pressing his body against mine. I could feel every inch of him against me, and I mean every. inch.