Wolves Part 2/2

Scarlett's POV

Year: 2001

I sighed as the fresh night air blew across the river and brushed my face. Making my hair flow graciously in the breeze. I do miss my scarlet colored hair but it has been so long that I can't even recall what that would look like. I let a low chuckle escape my lips. The last time my hair was red was when I was with Mikael

Why am I even doing this anymore? 

Mikael has been gone for what? A hundred, two hundred, three hundred years? 

I can't even remember anymore. It's like being a slave to an invisible control freak.

I made a promise but what good is that promise when no one has seen the Mikaelsons in years, they simply vanished. 

This... This obsession is simply moronic at this point.

I could feel the anger bubbling inside me as I picked up a rock and slammed it into the water, creating a huge splash. 

"Fuck you, Mikael!" I roared at the top of my lungs. 

"You made me into this. You turned me into a monster! And here I am supposedly trying to fulfill your wish of a petty-ass revenge!" I threw another rock into the water. 

I grabbed my hair out of pure frustration and started pacing back and forth.

"You know what? I'm done! The only way I'll ever go back to fulfilling that promise is if heaven delivers me the Mikaelsons on a silver platter. Until then... I'll do as I please, kill as I please..." I trailed off. 

"And love as I please, I deserve that," I said barely above a whisper.

I slowly sat down on the grass-floor, calming down. As I felt the anger pulsing through my veins slowly seep out. Suddenly, I heard a door behind me open and close. 

"I can hear that you're enjoying our time back in Sleepy Hollow so far." His dark voice sounded from behind me.

"Yeah, I just needed to let off some steam." I chuckled and stood up to greet him as I had done countless times before. 

"Mikael is gone... You don't have to worry about getting his approval anymore, Scarlett." he sighed into the hug. 

"I know. It just needed to be said out loud." I paused for a second and pulled away enough to look into his beautiful ash-gray eyes. 

"You know I love you, right? You're the only spark of hope I have left in this horrid and dark life, Dean. Even though you are a murderous witch." I joked, booped his nose, and smiled brightly at him. 

"And you are mine. I love you more than anything, even though you're a murderous vampire." He laughed and made a hissing noise showing off his teeth

I laughed with him but was quickly cut off by him smashing his lips against mine. Every time he kisses me a sense of calmness washes over me. It's like my soul has finally made its peace with the universe.