Ancient Creature

Other (Prison) Dimension

Elira's POV

Being stuck in this other dimension isn't as bad as I thought it would be. However, I do wish I was stuck here with someone else. Bonnie Bennet isn't exactly my best friend and I can feel her disgust towards vampires' role off her like tidal waves. Ironic enough, all of her best friends are vampires and her protecting them is the reason we're both here. 

I scoffed out loud at my own remark.

Some part of me wishes that Matt was here with me instead but I also know it to be a lie I tell myself to excuse these deceiving feelings I have towards him. Whatever it is I feel towards him I know it not to be the deep form of love I have once felt for others. Whatever these unknown feelings are... they're helping me understand the person I am becoming. 

If staying with Matt is what I have to do to ground myself and change for the better... It's a choice I am willing to make. However, I do know that I care for him. Therefore, having him trapped here with me would be to wish death upon him, and that I cannot do.

Either way... 

back to our current problem... Bonnie. 

She may think she's hiding from me but I can read her like a book. I understand her hatred towards us, I do. In a lot of ways, it is justified by the gossip Caroline has told me. 

But... She's a witch... a supernatural creature just like me. I've met many witches more brutal and bloodthirsty than most vampires. Just because we need blood to live doesn't mean we're any worse or better than witches. Due to the contrary belief of many witches, I have come across, there are humans who are vampire fanatics that gladly would be blood donors. Therefore, killing does not have to be a part of the vampire package anymore. A vampire can live off a donor for a long time if he or she can control herself.

My point is, that in the grand scheme of things  (especially to humans), we're all in the same boat here.  I was hunting vampires for a sport, so I should understand her point of view better than anyone.

When it comes down to it I'm fine with her not liking me, but for the sake of our group, I have to at least pretend that we get along. I need to get her safely out of here... or else they would never ... I would never ... forgive me. 

From what I've learned Bonnie is the type to sacrifice everything for everyone but herself. She's a good person and good people don't deserve this... To constantly be dragged into a mess that was not theirs, to begin with, sucks enough as is. But to get the bad end of the bargain every time... Now that's beyond bad luck. It's simply idiocy. 

I can't believe she hasn't stopped helping these idiot friends of hers already. And this time I had to be dragged into it too. I came to Mystic Falls for Damon for the most part, but also for Stefan. Not to babysit their three little bratty, helpless girlfriends. 

I sighed heavily.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a cold hand was placed on my back. I was wearing a top that left my back exposed. I felt a chill go through my whole body and the feeling of wanting to hurl shortly followed. I quickly stepped forward and placed my pancake batter on the counter. I've been making food for Bonnie trying to break the ice. I was a bit rusty though so the first few attempts failed but I think I've gotten the hang of it, however that's beside the point.