Goner, Part 1/2

Scarlett's POV

I opened the door into Mikael's current hiding place, the door slamming hard against the wall as I entered. 

"Well, hello to you too, Sweetheart. I have not seen you in quite a while," Mikael greeted me with open arms. 

"I was busy being tortured by your children," I replied sternly walking directly past him.

I walked over to the couch and slumped down on it. 

"You have had an eventful few days then." He replied sitting down on a chair across from me. 

My eyes, however, were not focused on him, they were focused on the door. Someone might have followed me, and in the case of such an event, I needed to be ready.

"Your focus is not in this room, child," Mikael said sternly but questionably, leaning back in his chair, clutching a glass of wine. 

"You are correct, Mas-Mikael," I corrected myself.

 "Someone might discover us..."

"and while I was 'imprisoned' by your children, I came up with a plan. However, I need Jakob with us to put it into action. Where is he?" I asked glancing over at Mikael before my glare returned to the door, which remained wide open. 

I watched the cold, dark night as if it was staring right back at me, silently judging me.

"Ah, yes. The delinquent. He is out on his daily errand. He should be back shortly," Mikael replied.

...and as if on cue, Jakob appeared in the doorway with a blood bag in his hand. 

"I got it, Mr. Mikaelson. I made sure to get it from the hospital this time too." He said nervously and handed the bag over to Mikael.

"I did not know you were back on humans, Mikael?" I stated dryly, Mikael ignored me as he poured some blood into his glass, mixing it with his vine. 

"Always with the attitude, Scarlett, or is it Alexandra, or maybe Scar? Who knows these days, huh?" he stated swirling the liquid in his glass.  

"Not me I have been locked in a coffin for a long time." He mumbled under his breath. 

He appeared to contemplate whether he should open up the conversation on this topic before he continued 

"And where were you? All those years I was locked away and now you decide to find me?" Mikael stated calmly, studying me. 

I remained quiet, simply because I had no answers to his questions.

"It was the Lovebug that had bitten you, was it not? What was his name again?" Mikael asked, tapping his chin. 

"Ah, Dean Hollow," he stated, looking at me, waiting for a reaction. 

Instead, my eyes snapped to Jakob as he mouthed 'sorry' to me.

"Don't you dare. Don't you fucking dare go there, Mikael." I said threateningly. 

Mikael put his hands up calmly in a defensive manner. 

"I heard he died. I hope you now realize that love only leads to suffering, it makes you weak." He said with spite in his voice.

"You did not listen to me. But now you have learned your lesson, that I was right all along. I should have known you would lose your way without me." Mikael stated with a sigh and rose from his chair. 

I observed him from the couch as he continued his speech. 

"I guess I cannot blame you. It was bound to happen..." He stated plainly.