Sired Without Question

Scarlett's POV

Fourteen days in and I feel like I've slipped into this family quite smoothly. I haven't seen Elijah much. I guess he's keeping his distance to help me keep my cover. Not that I need his help. I'm doing very well on my own.

I haven't fed since I arrived. The hunger hasn't kicked in yet but I have a nagging feeling in my subconscious telling me to feed. Luckily it's not strong. I've been too greedy lately, drinking when it pleased me. This mission is making me return to my old habits. Not feeding for days even weeks at a time. It gives me the edge I need. I normally feed when I feel a challenging mission coming. Currently, there was no real threat to me.

Oh, that reminds me. I met Rebekah recently. 

She's one nasty bitch.

Flashback

Klaus and I were outside. He was telling me about feeding and the hunger us vampires get. He taught me most of this the first week I was here but now he was telling me about who, when and where to feed and tips to control myself. One of them was alcohol. He recommended whiskey. 

Suddenly I heard echoes of heels clicking against the concrete floor coming from far away and they were approaching quickly. 

My hearing quickly understood what was approaching, a vampire. 

As if on cue, a blond-haired woman walked in the front gate.

"Who is this weakling, Niklaus?" She asked with a sneer on her face.

'Rebekah' was the first thought that popped into my head. All the information I had on her fit. The snarky voice, the blond hair, and the 'I'm too good for you' attitude. I remained calm, holding my head low but standing my ground. 

Rebekah turned towards Klaus that was standing behind me and gave him a questioning look.

"One of Elijah's," Klaus smirked as he laid a hand on my lower back and pushed me forward. 

"H-hi." I stuttered. 

I lifted my head to see her face clearer. Her nose was up in the skies, looking like she owned the earth she walked on. I instantly disliked her. I don't like people that believe that they're so much better than everyone else without seeing what they can do. I never presume that I'm better than someone else, most of the time... 

It usually leads to one's death in my experience and I don't like being underestimated. 

Rebekah gave me a look and then snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

"hello, does It even talk?" she asked in a bitchy tone. 

"Yes, it does and it has a name," I said in a mocking voice. 

I heard a chuckle from behind me. Rebekah looked both offended and shocked. 

"Who do you think you're talking to?!" she hissed 

"Wow, I didn't think you were that blond, but I stand corrected." It was like there was coming smoke out of Rebekah's ears at this point.

"I see that you've finally found your voice," Klaus commented behind me. 

I needed to establish a character that was believable. I couldn't be a wimp forever because vampires aren't wimps. 

I plastered a smirk on my face, which made Rebekah even angrier.