meeting under the stars

Running in the evening is so serine. It's relaxing, thrilling and leaves your mind so relaxed and empty.
I can think of cute ways to impress Mia or think of new recipes or think of nothing at all. Pure bliss.

In my case today however was full of Noice. My wolves were duking it out over weather I should perpose to Mia or not.

"What if she wants us to?"

"Then she should just do it her self"

"She has so much negative stuff on her mind right now this could be something nice to look forward to"

"It could be a distraction and more stress"

"But it might not?"

"Guys shut the fuck up would you? This is supposed to be a nice run you know?"

"Arnt you stressed at all about this desion ?" Says my female wolf

"Well yeah, of course this is a big desion in my life but I would like 5 minutes to just work out before my stressed beyond believe mate arrives." I say while getting to the top of the hill. "We can't both be stressed out, it's unhealthy"

"Oh sorry... We do apologise"

"Do we?" I laugh at alphas response. All I hear is a huge gasp. Cara hit alpha in the ribs.

......

I wait up on the mountain for a while expecting Mia to not take all that long. I keep my link shut off so no one can ruin my mood by telling me I have to go to tasks else where and all that jazz.

The more time passes the more I start to feel a tightness in my chest.

Should I turn on my link? It's getting a bit late? I should right? What if she got caught up and couldn't make it?

I turn on my mind link and instantly I'm not with so many voices telling me to hurry and help at the camp.

'Alla!'

'Where are you?'

'Come help us

'There's been an attack'

'Mias hurt'

'Answer us'

'Are you okay?'

I book it. My heart beating out of my chest. Voices continue to pound in my head. I answer telling them I'm on my way.

I switch to my alpha form and I'm at the camp in seconds.

When I get there I was mortified. Bodies lying motionless on the floor. Wolves and human alike. Pools of blood and limbs everywhere.

I couldn't sence Mia anywhere. I pound and keep over wolves and humans searching for her or any one I knew. Enemy wolves attack me, or try at least. Teeth baring, ready to bite. My wolf takes control and kills them with one swipe to the neck. It was gruesome.

'Where is she?!' I call, mind becoming frantic. 'MIA?'

'She's in the woods Alla' a fellow wolf mind links me from close by.

I sprint into the woods following a familiar sent.

That's when I seen her. Lying still. Blue lips. Red neck. Eyes closed with one single tear on her pale cheeks. Her legs in a awkward position.

'Wha... Mia?' My eyes became sore, my throught became tight. I could barely get my words out. 'What's wrong with her?'

I change back to my human form. And drop to her side. I shake her cold lifeless body. I knew she was dead. No arua was coming from her. I knew she was no long alive.

' Mia open your eyes. Come back to me. Mia!' That's when I sob. And so does the three other people here. The alpha, my mum and dad.

' Mia my love wake up. Stop playing.' I hold her cheeks as I bend over her. My tears drooping on her cold skin. 'Come on baby we have to get married and have our baby girl before any if die. Come on wake up! I can't be alone without you. Please ... wake ... up.'

'Alla, stop this. She's gone.' My dad says walking over to me. ' keep you emotion in line other wise shit will go south okay love?'

That comment tipped me over the edge. I became unhinged. I cursed him out, but him and I even switched into my wolf form.

I became feral after that. Any one who came near her or me would get a lashing at. I couldn't control myself anymore.

...... a few days later.....

After I finally calmed down we decided to bury Mia on the mountain we always went. It was the sadest day of my life.

We won the war with those rogues. We didn't loose many men. Only about 10. Not one rogue stood standing by the end.

I wasn't much help after I found mias body dead in the woods.

I was told it was a sneak attack on her. She didn't even see it coming until it was too late. She tried to fight them off but there was just too many.

I was told she called out for me until her last breath.

I stayed at her grave everyday all day. Sometimes I even stayed the night.

I'm going to be the new alpha once I'm ready and mentally stable again. I'm strong so it won't be long now. I'm beginning to cope with the sadness and enhance loneliness. I have to be truthful though it really does hurt a lot.

Alpha isn't coping well either. He's acting okay but he's really not. I see him crying in his office looking at their family photos.

Dinner is never the same anymore. It's always quiet and gloomy. Although we all know it will get better, we will get better.

The end....