The slow walk

As soon as we left we got to talking about random things. What we want to be. Who we wanted to be. Our childhood. Everything we could think of.

The walk was slow but I loved it. I could finally talk to Mia about dumb things and just spend time with her without the drama. It's so peaceful.

'So, Alla, what's your favourite colour other than black?' Mia says dancing around to look at me while still walking in the right direction.

'Blue.' I say without missing a beat. ' and yourself?'

'Red for sure. Dark red though, not the love sick red' She giggle and turns back around grabbing my hand in hers.

Her skin is so soft, like that of a child's. I really need what she's using.

'That's not ominous at all.' I laugh jokingly. 'Why such a evil looking colour? Are you secretly the villain?' I gasp putting my hand over my heart.

She moves close to my ear and whispers 'Maybe...' My heart skips a beat and my mind becomes frazzled because her hot breath makes my skin tingle.

'I....uh...' incoherent words leave my mouth and Mia just laughs and picks up speed. I hang back still stunned by what just happened.

I walk after her and hold her hand once again.

'so I've been meaning to ask more questions about us and other magical creatures.' I say once we got further up the path we were now on. 'so, what are the rules for us? I mean like what we can and can't do, boundaries we have to shift and land type things.'

We come to a tree line, the path goes dark and we have minimal light to see each other as the treetops cover the land from the sun, making the place look creepy and something from a horror movie.

Mias face looks distressed 'oh boy these questions' she laughs, and I smile not having a clue what she's on about. I think my questions are valid. 'well, we don't have that many restrictions as we are the leaders, technically. But we do have some. We can't kill unless we have no other option or for food. Which is obvious. We can't shift around none knowers or in a public place. We can't tell none knowers unless we consult with the pack leaders and or high-ups in the pack meaning the betas and gammas.'

'betas and gammas? What are they? Like the alpha?' I ask confused as t what the heck they are. I know what an alpha is because of books I used to read as a kid, but gammas and Betas, I have no clue.

'oh, well a beta is the second in command, they are always with the alpha of the pack, they are the most trusted wolf the alpha has and they are very strong, usually stronger than zeta, which is the worrier general but not as strong as the alpha.' she took a long breath then continued. 'the gammas are the elders, the oldest of the pack and most wise and full of wisdom. They have lived through it all and have seen all the mistakes past alphas have made. Alpha usually goes to them if he is struggling with a problem.'

'oh, okay sounds cool' I look at her and ask' any more I need to know?'

She nods and tells me 'so with the lands we have a thing called a territory. Like a dog does with their house. We have a massive part of land that our pack shares. No outsider is allowed on our land without consent. If they pass our lands we can usually tell, and the pack worriers will go and attack or see what's up.'

'wait how would you know though? Like Spidey Senses or something?'

Mia laughs at my spider man reference and shakes her head no. 'no baby. Well, kind of. There's this barrier that sends an alert to the zeta and other worriers, that way they can send an alert to the alpha. The alpha can then say to attack or to confront the trespasser. It may be someone they are expecting or maybe not.'

'what if it's a human?'

'that's impossible my dear. No human can get here.' Mia says smugly. 'humans don't possess the magic they need to pass through the barrier.'

I raise my eyes in question. 'the...the barrier is magical? I was picturing a barbed wire fence not a magical barrier out of Percy Jackson!'

Mia laughs and turns off of the dirt path and continued up the hill, walking through the long dark green grass. She pushed through berry bushes ripe with fruit, past colourful wildflowers. She looked graceful wile I looked like a wild lost monkey panting for breath. What an image.

'so what you're tell me... is that a magical barrier sends a notification to some big strong wolf and his men and not the alpha?' I breath out, in between breaths.

'yes' Mia calls back to me. 'the big strong wolf creates this barrier with his men every day. They don't become worriers just because. They have to have enough magical energy to have this role. If that isn't the case omegas could become worriers. That would be destructive that's for sure'

'oh...' is all I could get out. 'that explains quite a bit.'

'yep, it's quite a lot to take in. That why we have schools here that teach us about this type of thing. 'Mia explains. 'after or schooling here, we can opt to go to human school and learn some things there.'

'I think I should go to this wolf school and learn about this world of ours. Don't you think?' I ask, 'with me being this all powerful being and alpha an all.'

Mia perks up and turns to me. 'yes! That could be so fun!' she giggles and turns back around to lead the way. 'I volunteer there on weekdays with the little pups. It would be so fun t have you there!'

'yeah? I guess I'll go sign up for school again then.' we both laugh and fall into a soft silence as we, meaning me, struggle to walk up the big hill.

The walk so far was amazing, however. The amount of stunning flowers and wildlife here was astronomical. I would never see this type of wildlife out there in the human world. Not like this. Flowers and animals living happily and growing together. Everything was untouched, unpicked by humans. It was such a beauty to see. Like nothing I have ever seen before. I'm glad I got to witness such beauty with my beauty.  

AN

so i have decided that i'm taking too long editing so i decided to throw this together for you guys. also... 35k reads so far.... wow!! than you all or reading and keeping up with this book and this 2 year long ride with me. i did not think that i would get this many reads honestly. thank you all much. 

i will try and get the next chapter up soon and get all the editing out the way as well. ill keep you updated on the editing as i go along. i have dramatically edited the first few chapters so sorry about that. my goal is to try and explain things better and change the direction of the story line. it was going to be a love triangle love story but that went out the window so im going to make it more about magic and different worlds. that type of thing. so yes.... if you don't like that i'm sorry there is 100s more werewolf stories out there haha. i will be focusing on this world though and if i like writing it enough and you guys like reading it i will make it from another point of view and another world. there is a book series on here like this but its bxb and i'm going to do gxg and not copy it, it is where i got my inspo from though. i hope you like this idea though because its the only one i got left haha.