exploring

Me and my mum headed out to explore the grounds and to meet new people.

My mum was still shaken up with how I spoke to the god wolf but honestly it was only for fun and the god wolf didn't seem to mind.

'So where do you want to go first?' My mum asks.

'Well what is here?'

' there's a small mall, food court, hospital, houses, oh and there's this amazing ice cream parlor! I fully recommend we go there today.'

'Should we go there first then?' I ask knowing full well we were going there first even if I reject. ' i could do with some ice cream now any way. Ice cream fixes everything.'

She smiles

......

We head out to the ice cream parlor. On the way everyone kept coming up to me saying how they love that I've come back here and that I got given such an amazing gift.

By the end of the trip to the parlor I had heard countless ways of saying people are happy for me. Don't get me wrong I love being back here and I'm thankful that I could but the thing is, I don't remember any of these people, I didn't even know I was born here but it doesn't matter now.

Me and my mother walk into the ice cream place and all you could smell was waffles. It smelled Devine. Waffles have to be the best smelling thing ever!

'Oh my Lord it smells good in here" I say out loud, taking a big sniff of the air. My mum laughs and agrees with me.

We go to the front of the counter. There was a girl at the till that was around my age. She was pretty, her brown hair was in a pony tail, her eyes were bright green and her skin was tan. She was a fairly small girl but it suited her.

'You're the Alfa wolf arnt you?' She asks in a hesitant tone, like she couldn't really believe it.

'Yeah I am, it's nice to meet you..."

'Shya, my name's Shya' she responds quickly.

' well it's a pleasure to meet you Shya. So what do you recommend? What's you're favourite thing to get from here? '

' Um, a big waffle with caramel and cookie dough ice cream with toffee sauce..' she says looking down slightly.

' I'll have exactly that then. What about you mum?' I say turning to my mum. I'm not supposed to have chocolate... but a little won't hurt... you know?

' double that. It sounds delightful.' My mum smiles at the girl.

Shya nods and goes to cook the waffles. Me and my mum go and sit down in the little sitting area they have.

' so... Mia...?' My mum smiles at me and wiggles her eyebrows.

I giggle, ' yes mum, Mia.' I laugh and look down.

'So how come you chose her over that boy?'

'Um, well I liked Mia the minute I saw her, and for Jason I hated his guts' I laugh and my mother giggles and nods.

'Well I can't argue with that now can I?' She smiles, 'I always liked Mia anyway, I've know her family since I was a child, Jason only came here a few years ago.'

'How do you know all if this mum?' I ask.

'Hun, just because we took you away from here doesn't mean I didn't keep up with all the gossip, and the fact I asked Alfa when he turned up here.'

I laugh at her being silly as Shya came over with our desserts.

'Here you go.' She says them down in the white tables and leaves us to our conversations.

' I've been meaning to ask mum, why didn't you tell me everything?' I've wanted to know the full reason from my mum, i wanted her full reason not someone else's.

She thinks for a moment, cutting her waffles into bite size pieces. 'Well love, as you know, our bread of wolf is very rare and powerful. A lot of packs want us for themselves or to kill us because they can't have us. At the time I was having you some packs were on the hunt for our bread, me being me I was petrified that they were going to take you away. I've never had a child before and I didn't want to loose you so me, your father and Alfa decided that we should move away from the pack house and live a normal life. To keep you safe.'

'Wouldn't it be safer to stay? What if a pack came to the house?'

'They wouldn't risk being seen my love. The pack never left us alone. There was always their strongest men protecting you and the house. The other packs knew this because they did try and fight us before but they were defeated. They stopped trying when word got out that people who tried ended up dying.'

'Oh' was all I could say to that.

The waffles and ice cream was amazing.