Chapter 14: Rebirth (3)

A massive burst of energy came from the skin bag, shaking the academy like an earthquake.

Stein: Wha?! This madness...this can mean only one thing...

Fen: That amount of Soul Power, they did it... The Kishin has been revived!!!

Spirit: N-No way, they failed?!

Fen: Hee-Heh-Hah!! I won! The Kishin has been set free, all that's left is to collect his soul! You might as well accept your defeat, because I have no intentions of sparing your li-!

The Oozai felt a sharp pain from his right side, then his vision 'cut' in two slanted halves. It was when he reached the ground when Fen realized what had happened. He could see his body standing there, with part of his own head and right upper half missing, spewing his Black Blood like a fountain, causing it to rain a storm of darkness. Then, his pink skin faded to a ashen gray, before the light in his eyes diminished into pure black.

Fen: M-My head's...too damaged. Can't...shed....

Spirit: I-I didn't even see him swing me... How did you do that, Stein?

Stein: ...Damn. Even though we still lose in the end, I feel so relieved right now!!

The mad doctor dropped the Death Scythe, and proceeded to light a cigarette, laughing to himself as the tiny, vector shaped drops of blood rained down upon the whole area.

Spirit: I can't believe it, this guy was more powerful than I ever imagined, he put most Witches to shame!

Stein: I know, but at least it's actually over now...

Spirit: Wait, something's happening to his body!

The lifeless body of Fen suddenly crumbled into dust, scattering off into nothingness.

Stein: That must be how Oozai pass on, at least we know he's really-

Fen: Dead. Right...?

Stein: Hu-AGH!!

A black spike burst through the shoulder of Stein, then a swift kick sent him to his knees. Shakingly looking up, the Meister was horrified at what he saw: The half-Oozai Fen still in his second form, completely healed, say for his right eye having no pupil.

Spirit: H...How?!

Fen: Vorkriind, the second forbidden spell in the history of the Oozai Realm. Using all of the remaining magic in one eye, a matured Oozai can cheat death, making their destruction become nothing more than an illusion.

Spirit: Cheat death...?

Fen: However, such magical output comes with a price. That price is the loss of the eye that casted Vorkriind, not even a pink Oozai can restore its vision. Funny thing is, I originally didn't have the magic required to use Vorkriind, it appears that the maddening energy currently bathing this place has absorbed into my body...

Stein: I-Impossible...

Spirit: Die!!

Death Scythe morphed his right arm into his blade to attack the Oozai, only for Fen to turn it on himself, grabbing the Weapon's arm and cutting Spirit's throat. Albarn coughed up blood and tried as hard as he could to hold his wound shut.

Fen: Now then, I'll be going to meet the Kishin now, Vonok~!

Sprouting large black wings, Fen rushed down the corridor with incredible speed. Thankfully for Stein, Fen had not punctured any of his arteries, and he made his way to Spirit, stitching his throat back together via his Soul Thread.