Chapter 1: Extra Credit (1)

(DWMA: Some time before the prologue.)

Maka Albarn and Soul "Eater" Evans, two students of "Death Weapon Meister Academy ", a school for Humans with a unique ability to transform into an any type of weapon specific to themselves, and those who can wield said weapons and have the ability to physically see other souls. Their purpose is to prevent the rebirth or creation of Kishin. And therefore, must dispose of corrupt individuals and consume their spirits.

These two children are some of the most talented partners, and two with the most bizarre tales to tell, one being that their previous Kishin Egg collection went wrong when they mistaken a cat monster named Blair for a Witch, and accidentally "befriend" her.

Today, them and the other students waiting for what seemed like forever for the teacher to arrive.

(Soul)"Hey, Maka."

(Maka)"Don't bother me, I'm reading..."

(Soul)"Gee, what's got your panties in a twist?"

(Maka)"..."

She brought her book down on the young man's head, leaving a massive bump in its place

(Soul)"F-Friggin hurts..."

(Maka)"What's so important you're trying to tell me anyway?"

(Soul)"Remember that guy Sid, he was a teacher here."

(Maka)"Yeah, I remember."

(Soul)"Well apparently, he's been attacking DWMA students, but that's impossible since he kicked the bucket a few years ago. A kid from the next class said he's a zombie now, still has the hole in his forehead that killed him."

(Maka)"Hmph, that's just some rumor, there's no way anyone can come back from the dead."

(Soul)"Don't be so sure about that, we've seen freakier stuff around here."

(???)"Ok everyone shut up, class just started!"

The door swung open, and the female Meister was horrified to see that it was her own, strange, strange father.

(Spirit)"I may be a substitute, but I won't be pushed around! I'll send you all to detention if I felt like it!/Maka, was that cool or what?"

(Soul)"Um...I think he's looking at you."

(Maka)"Ugh, why him??"

(Spirit)"Oh, Soul, Maka? Lord Death wants to see you both. Don't worry about class, just hurry along."

(Soul)"Eh? What's he want?"

As the two left, Spirit just now realized that because he was too excited to be in Maka's class, he didn't even ask what he was supposed to be teaching the students.

(Spirit)"So......anyone ever wanted to go to Chuba Chapless?"

Chuba Chapless is one of those cabarets in Death City, which is defined in the manga as, and I quote, "A strip tease with a plot." ...Anywho, the duo made their way to Death's office, appropriately named, "Death Room". The pathway towards the center was lined with (thankfully fake) guillotines, and crosses littered the floor around them. The ceiling was painting like the sky, clouds and all, giving a pleasant contrast to such a morbid sounding chamber.