Chapter 6: The Demon Weapon Baku: A Matter most Dark

In this world, there are many different types of people. We've already seen Demon Weapons and Meisters, but there's a rare type of Human with neither's abilities. The Strong Soul, is a Human Soul with the estimated power of 99 people, making those who're born with one a dangerous opponent. But, it does have a certain upside to attempt collecting, as a certain egotistical Tech has decided to go after one to make his partner a Death Weapon faster.

And just who is their target? A man named Baku, as some of you may remember. Despite his appearance, he does infact possess a Strong Soul. Recently, DWMA have been receiving numerous reports of disappearances around the state, mostly within small towns and isolated communities, and they have reasons to suspect that the strange dark being is affiliated with Fen due to this after his introduction a week ago.

The duo had located Baku in a massive, dense forest somewhere in Europe, but the main issue of finding his isn't the numerous plant life blocking one's view, it's that Black★Star cannot sense souls like other Techs just yet. So when he did find the Demon, his natural senses will have to do.

Black★Star: *Standing atop a tree* Oh yeah! I can see the whole forest from here! There ain't no place for him to hide now!

Tsubaki: *In the form of the dual-linked scythes* Um, you say that, but we've been out here for three hours and still haven't found anything. He might've already left...

Black★Star: That just proves he's scared of me, can't say I blame him! I'd run away if I had to fight me too, hehe!

Tsubaki: You never change, do you?

???: My god, you're the loudest person I've had the displeasure of knowing.

Tsubaki: Huh??

Black★Star: Ha! I knew it, nobody can hide from Black★Star!! Go on, show yourself!

A tree in front of the duo distorted and morphed into a humanoid shape before gaining a darker hue, and gaining a single red eye.

Baku: Greetings children, I am Baku, but I already know that you've heard of me.

Black★Star: Then you know I'm the guy who's gonna take your soul!

Baku: Oh, I know all about you, that star on your shoulder gives it away.

Tsubaki: What's he talking about.

Baku: I know that you come from an old clan of assasins, the kind who'd butcher an innocent family for a nickel, and think nothing of it. I believe they called themselves the Star Clan, yes?

Black★Star: Sounds about right.

Baku: But then your clan had caught the gaze of Death himself, and he sent some assassins of his own to wipe them off the face of the world, all but one however. And that just so happened to be you.

Black★Star: Yeah, that's me.

Tsubaki: DWMA ordered the deaths of Black★Star's family??

Baku: Hm, you're not reacting the way I thought you would. Many people would be angered to hear such words, but you seem rather indifferent, a stark contrast to the loud kid from before.

Black★Star: What's there to be mad at? My mom and dad were bad people, so they had to die. That have anything to do with me? Nah, all that happened before I as big a star I am now, heh! Besides, that means that I get the spotlight, as it should be, hahaha!

The Demon Weapon in Black★Star's hands thought about this revelation for a moment, thinking about how this boy, even knowing what fate became of his parents, he would choose to act like it doesn't affect him in the slightest. Even now, Tsubaki could tell that her partner still has mixed feelings about it.