Chapter 20: The Holy Blade

(DWMA)

Zacharie sat in the school's library with a large stack of books, reading intently as Nebula brought another.

Nebula: Quite the extensive collection, many of these are centuries old.

Zach: And with luck, we can find something to aid us in subduing this Kishin entity. While I have no doubts that Fen is doing the same, he only has so much knowledge about the arcane arts.

Nebula: Yes, but he knew forbidden spells, lord. That knowledge is locked away in the vaults within your palace, and without the proper rituals or focus it should be impossible for him to enter the Oozai Realm without someone noticing. He literally should not know those things.

Zacharie: Hm. That's true, perhaps...maybe he was told these secrets by his mother?

The Knight's face was obscured, but his eyes displayed that of hesitation at Zach's words.

Nebula: Perhaps, but understand that no matter who she was before, all of that, not even the King would divulge such information.

Zacharie: Then how? It's not like Fen dreamt them up one night. Besides, she seemed to be a rather innovative Witch, able to get her hands on exotic materials, this "Black Blood" being the most damming of evidence. I mean, how did she bind TWO Demons?

???: Excuse me.

Nebula: Oh, hello there, you're name is Stein, Yes?

The Doctor looked as though he hadn't slept, and Zach immediately felt something off coming from his soul itself.

Zacharie: Are you feeling alright? I mean no offense, but you're putting off an, unsettling aura.

Stein: Yeah, I tend to get that a lot. But don't worry about that, I've come here to give you a tip on one certain...individual, who could assist us.

Zacharie: Oh, is it another Demon Weapon that Death told us of?

Stein: Not just any Weapon, but in fact the most powerful one in existence, his name is Excalibur.

Nebula: I've heard that name before, stories of ancient humanity, of a mighty warrior King. This blade was described as 'Holy' and granted the wielder inhuman abilities.

Stein: Legend says he resides somewhere in the Northern part of the Britain island, waiting for a new and worthy partner.

Zacharie: The Britan Island, huh? Maybe he can help us. Only one way to find out however, let's go, Nebula.

And so the two Oozai made their way to the Britain Isle, and using their ability to sebse Soul energy, they eventually found themselves at the base of a waterfall.

Nebula: It appears to be somewhere within that cave up there. Even here, this Excalibur is radiating such power..

Zacharie: Quite powerful indeed. I haven't felt this anxious since...Fen.

Nebula: My King? Are you alright?

The knight looked to his right to find Zach lost in thought, gazing at his reflection in the shallow river they both stood in.