Chapter 17: Old Stone

(Somewhere in the Czech Republic)

Evans, Maka, and the Demon Sword rode into the village on motorcycle, none wearing helmets. The village was a sight from a storybook, every house seemed to be a giant chimney, and large stone creatures, the golems, could be seen following the Human inhabitants.

Maka: Whoah, looks like every house has smoke coming out of them!

Soul: The place is full of golem makers, I bet they have kiln around every corner.

Eric: These people make my skin crawl, they're just staring at us!

Maka: C'mon, let's go find who sent the message.

(Meanwhile, in Patchwork Lab (Stein's place.))

The doctor sat alone in front of his computer, staring blankly at the desk. He could feel it, the Madness Wavelength, just as he felt it when he cut Fen in half. It was so tempting to use that Madness, but Stein was now paying the price. All he could do was fight against it, as best he could.

Suddenly, the lights came on, and Mjolnir entered the room.

Marie: What are you doing with the lights off?

Stein: Marie? ...What are you doing here?

Marie: Lord Death and the Oozai were talking about the Oldest Golem going a rampage, they wanted to know your opinion.

Stein: Hm, well golems are made to naturally ward off evil, so it should be impossible for them to go against their creators. It's possible the new generation of Enchanters are able to make golems with more complex programming, but we're talking about one of the very first golems made.

Marie: Do you think it has something to do with the Madness Wavelength?

Stein: It could be, but the sequence of events is too off in my opinion...

Marie: Sequence?

Stein: You would think we'd see Fen around now that the Kishin is active, but he hasn't been seen since. Now out of nowhere a golem, a creature without a soul, suddenly goes crazy? It doesn't feel right.

Marie: You have a point, how can a souless being be affected by the wavelength?

Stein: That type of chaos should be nowhere near this fast, not this early into the Madness. Something's definitely not right...I'm going to the school library, tell Lord Death I need some time to think on it.

Marie: Oh, ok then...

(Meanwhile, back in Loew.)

It took some time, but trio of students found the Enchanter who warned DWMA of the rogue golem, a man who called himself Saw.

He took them deep into the woods, which was unusually quiet for being the Golem's supposed  whereabouts, Evans had expected it to be attacking them at least an hour into their walk