Chapter 18: Improbable

(I just realize I've been spelling Arachne wrong this whole time.)

(Fen's Hideout)

Arachne: Tell me, what progress has been made on our new tool, the, "Improbability Machine"?

The Spider Witch, Arachne Gorgon, sat in the middle of a large web in total silence, as a man in a black robe and white mask spoke.

"You'll be pleased to hear that we've been making steady progress in the last few months! Mosquito sent a message stating the drive is nearing completion!

Giriko was standing behind the cloaked man, taking a large swig of a wine bottle like it was nothing.

Giriko: You think that old geezer is safe by himself out on that island? He ain't as good as he was 800 years ago, I should go make sure nothing pops up and fucks us over!

Arachne: That won't be necessary, I already hired a new bodyguard for him.

Giriko: You did? Who're trusting with him??

Arachne: A strong Human that Fen's little playmates found, the living legend Mifune.

Giriko: Mifune, eh? Can't really see how he's on board.

Arachne: Oh, it was quite simple to find a weakness in him, everyone has one...

(Meanwhile, on an unknown island.)

A similar masked man, one in a lab coat, walked down a metal corridor with a shorter, pointy nosed individual. He wore a clean black suit and top hat, and had large, red eyes. This man is Mosquito, one of Arachne's strongest warriors.

Mosquito: How are the experiments going with the Improbability Machine, going ahead as expected?

Scientist: Yes, sir. We've made some final adjustments to compensate for the foreign technology, but everything is going according to plan.

The two men approached the machine in question. It started with a wooden chair, with various straps on the arms and back. The chair was attached to a large generator, on that was a small terminal with two red buttons next to the keyboard and screen.

Mosquito: I had my doubts when we scrapped our old project to make this one, but those fears were for nothing. With the Improbability Drive given to us by Fen, we can harness and control the very Madness Wavelength the Kishin is producing! And with it, reality itself will be under our thumbs, hahaha!

???: Hmph...

Another person was with them, the young Swordsman Mifune, who carried a large number of blades in a case on his back.

Mosquito: What? Does all this not sit well with you?

Mifune: You bore me...but I'll do what I have to, for her at least...

Mosquito: ...It doesn't matter anyway, just know why she's still here.

(Outside)

Two masked men stood at both sides of the building's entrance.

Guard 1: *Yawn* Christ, I'm tired! Is it break yet??

Guard 2: We got at least another hour, don't be such a ba-

The man was abruptly silenced via a knife to the forehead, and before the other could say anything, the green Oozai guardsman jumped from the roof behind him, snapping the man's neck. The two Kishin eggs exited their bodies, floating into the knife sheath of the Zombie Sid.

Imor: Nice throw.

The undead man reclaimed his knife, his current Weapon partner, then spoke into a smaller communicator shaped like a skull on his combat vest.