Chapter 10: Celebration (2)

(Here's a quick drawing I made of what an Insectoid Oozai looks like, not my best quality but not the worst.)

The group Sid had sent away with hus coffin ability landed in an empty room somewhere in DWMA, still unsure of what he was screaming about

Riivrax: Wh-What the hell is going on??

The room shook once more, sounding like an explosion went off somewhere.

Kid: There's so many evil souls approaching, so it must be that Fen's made his move.

Soul: You mean he's here right now?!

It had been some time, and Evans had been told what happened after his fight with Vordaas. He was understandably frightened when told that Fen, without even moving, flung Death Scythe away with just his mind. Even so, the young man regained his composure and began preparing himself in his head for the inevitable moment where he must fight this insanely powerful person.

Stein: I'll explain the situation, so listen carefully. Deep underground, the first Kishin was sealed away after his defeat. And right now, Fen is planning on reviving him, and is most likely on his way to him as we speak.

Riivrax: So that's his plan? To think someone that young could be so capable...but, what about Death? Shouldn't he be able to completely destroy such a person.

Stein: For whatever reason he couldn't kill him, so he used his own soul as an 'anchor' of sorts to keep the Kishin sealed, which is why he never leaves this city. But listen, right now we have to make it to the Kishin before Fen does, it's vital that he doesn't revive him!

(Meanwhile, outside.)

The other Oozai materialized at the entrance of DWMA, and were met with a horrible site. The city was in flames, and Insectoid Oozai were seen chasing and attacking the powerless Humans.

Zacharie: Dear god, Fen's really serious about this...

Nova: We already had to fight through two hundred just to get in, and there's still more!

Pincher: Looks like the whole brood is out tonight, so Hahvulon is also nearby. It's horrible to say, but taking him out will kill the rest, we have to find him immediately before there's nothing left.

Zacharie: Right, I have a feeling he'll reveal himself if we all take out as many Insectoids as you can. Proton, go tend to any wounded you find!

Proton: Understood, my King. I assume this won't take long, especially with all you guys tearing things up.

Eis: Let's just hope the others can make it in time...

Zacharie: We can worry about that later, let's get to work here first!

(Somewhere in Death City)

Despite the chaos around the center of Death City, a few small pockets had yet to be touched. As such, a little purple cat wearing a hat went on a nightly stroll around the outskirts of town.