Chapter 8: Eternal Frost

(London)

Atop a long bridge on a snowy night, Eternal and Fen watched as cars drove along below.

Fen: This spot is big enough for the battle, and the current weather will also assist you while using the artifact. You remember the plan, right Eternal?

Eternal: Easy-peasy! I just cause some chaos for awhile until the girl and her scythe boy show up and then activate the gem thing, it's not much of plan really. I'm still wondering what you get from watching me fight 'em anyway.

Fen: You don't have to worry about that detail, it will make sense later on. I'll be watching from afar, but just know that I will not assist you in this fight.

Eternal: I figured that, I mean, not like I can die anyway, heh!!

Fen: Yes, well before I go there's a word of advice. If you happen to kill somebody with an evil soul, do not consume it. I heard it does nasty things to immortal beings.

Eternal: Oh yeah? Well souls don't taste good anyway from what I've heard. Now, time to go to work!

The one-eyed Demon jumped down to the London bridge...only to get ran over by a truck just as he touched the ground, flattening his body down the middle.

Fen: ...Just where did he come from?

Two men got out of their vehicle and rushed towards Eternal's body.

Trucker 1: Oh shit! I-I hit somebody!

Trucker 2: The hell did he come from?? Was he trying to kill himself?! He...he...wait, the hell is that?!

Trucker 1: This guy, I don't know! He's got horns and-urk!!

Eternal suddenly got up and punched the man straight in the throat, crushing his windpipe like a cardboard tube.

Eternal: Sorry about that little accident, time to get serious...!

(Later, at DWMA)

Black★Star: What?! How come I gotta bring another team, they're just gonna steal my thunder!

Death: Well first of all, you've only acquired a single Kishin Egg over this entire year, and all of your previous attempts ending with your targets escaping. Secondly, the recent number of evil people on my list have been from the mysterious Fen's group, just one of them is dangerous enough to be considered a Witch-Level threat. So I've decided to pair you with Maka and Soul from now on.

Tsubaki: Um, I think it's a good idea if you ask ne...

Death: Good! Because if you don't bring them on your mission to London I'll expell you both.

Both: Eh?!?

Death: Hehe, just joking!

(Later)

The four students walked along the ruined bridge, fires and ruined vehicles littered the area front and back.

Black★Star: Geeze, What could've caused all this damage? Maybe that Baku guy's back or something?

Soul: Whoever it is must be crazy strong, but where is the freak anyway?

Maka: Let me check, I'm getting a little better at sensing souls.

She closed her eyes in concentration, but a sudden crash got everyone's attention.

Eternal: Yo.

Eternal had landed on the small car, tossing the blue gem in his right hand.

Eternal: What took ya so long? I've been waiting for hours!