Chapter 16: Normality

(Death City: Maka and Soul's Apartment)

The morning sun shone through the window of Evan's room, who nearly smashed his alarm clock upon waking up. Waking up for the past few days felt different now, with all of the Oozai nonsense and the awakening of the Kishin, two different worlds were opened to in his mind. To know that at any moment, one of these could spring out and attack gave him much trouble in terms of staying asleep. But things have been quiet from the Demon God and Fen, so for at least the time being there was nothing else to fear. All they could do was prepare, which DWMA already had in mind.

The two students went through their usual morning routine, gt dressed, and headed to their classes, just like any other day. When they arrived, a pair of humanoids in full body dark and purple suits, covered by plain white masks.

The day after Fen and his allies invaded, Zacharie had brought a number of his own servants to survey and protect Death City from any future Oozai attacks

The day after Fen and his allies invaded, Zacharie had brought a number of his own servants to survey and protect Death City from any future Oozai attacks. Just like the first group, these magical beings were vaguely humanoid and multicolored, but these Oozai were entirely identical. Yes, you could say the ones we met so far look the same, but they at least had different clothes and unique features, while on the other hand, the ones Zach donned identical uniforms at all times, completely covering their bodies, meaning that each Oozai looked like a carbon copy of the other.

Maka and Soul entered the academy, not knowing what was going on just a few rooms away. Within Lord Death's office, he, Sid, and Zach were present.

Death: So, how's it going gathering the other Weapons?

Sid: Right, well Justin Law just got here this morning, so that makes four with the other two now.

Death: What about the one in Europe?

Sid: They're still on an important assignment in West Asia.

Death: Shoot, what about South America?

Sid: There was some language barrier, we couldn't get nothing but gibberish.

Death: And Africa?

Sid: They rejected all our calls.

Death: Ah. Well, four out of eight isn't that bad I guess, I just hope it's enough...

Zach: I understand your concerns, the Oozai have endured things just as chaotic as this Kishin. The history of our realm is that of war, it's only started to be peaceful recently.

???: Oh...bear me, my God.

A young blonde man entered the room. He looked like a priest, but instead of a cross, he wore a tiny skull necklace with a short dagger.

Death: Oh! Zacharie, this is Justin Law, one of the Weapons I mentioned.

Justin: What is this, I cannot hear the voice of my God? Why doest thou not grace me with thy words, dear God?