CHAPTER 50

Ray POV

"Rebecca!" Shaw yells as I hear a gunshot and Shaw pushes my head down.

I hear another gunshot and immediately look up to see Shaw faintly smiling at me as the door opens and he falls out.

"Shaw!" I scream as I get out of the car and rush towards him.

I look to the other side of the car to see Owen on his knees as he drops the gun. And beyond Owen I see Thea pointing the gun at Owen.

Everyone rushes towards us, while I slowly keep Shaw's face on my lap.

"Wake up Shaw," I quiver and let out a sob.

"Ray," Harry holds me by my shoulders. "He'll be fine."

"No Harry!" I exclaim. "He isn't wearing the jacket."

"What?"

When I lost control and landed my hands on Shaw, I realized that he wasn't wearing the jacket.

"Shaw, please wake up..." I cry. "Call the ambulance!"

I look at Shaw who slowly opens his eyes and smiles looking me.

"Shaw, you'll be fine. Please don't close your eyes." I sniff trying to control my tears.

He touches my cheek and slowly wipes away the tears with the pad of his thumb. "It's fine, Rebecca. Don't call the ambulance. You kn...ow... I can't be saved." He says, pointing towards his chest, where he knows the bullet is piercing his heart.

"No... no... it's not." I choke. "You wanted a chance to redeem yourself, but this isn't redemption Shaw."

"It is!" He says as he groans in pain.

"Shaw, please don't leave me!" I cry.

"It's fine, Ray."

Ray?

"You... are... Ray fr..om now. Reb...ecca will always be with me, safe in heaven. Be...being the angel she deserves to... be, wh.. while I rot in hell... for being a mon...monster to her."

I shake my head, "you won't. Because it was never your intention. I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for running away from you. I'm sorry that I didn't trust you."

"Shh... look a..at me." I do as he says. "You shed...ing tea...rs for me while I l...lay in your lap is en...ough for me to die... peacefully." He smiles. "Like I said, I'll al...ways... be with you. I do...don't need anyone else. Y...you are my fi..rst and last. I love you."

"You deserve better than this, Shaw." I cry.

"Can yo...you please bid me a be...tter goodbye?" He asks.

I nod and run my hands through his hair as I support my back against the car. "When I first saw you at the cafeteria I was working in, I was really in awe with your personality. When you approached me with a proposal, I was on top of the world."

I look at him who is smiling at me, while tears flow from his eyes. "Then when we had our first date, I wanted to show you that I can be a badass and took you to the racing club."

And are story is ending on the racing tracks.

"It was the best date I'd ever been to. I loved you from the moment you safely dropped me home and being a gentleman kissed me on my forehead instead of taking me straight to the bed."

Shaw chuckles and says, "yo..you realize I...it was only to imp..impress you, right?"

I smile, "I know. But it was sweet."