CHAPTER 1

Ray POV

I feel tired, tired of walking so long. I stop and settle on a huge rock. Taking a deep sigh, I take out the water bottle from my bagpack only to find that there is only a few drops of water left.

I run my fingers into my silky short brunette hair as I look around me to see if I find someone who could help me.

Unfortunately, the path I took as I got off the car was not used anymore, as there was a new motorway constructed.

All I could see around me was deserted streets, but as I looked further ahead from where I sat, I could see a small board.

Hoping that it was map or a direction board, I took long strides towards it. As I got closer, I realized that it was something better than I hoped it'd be.

"Welcome to Holmes Chapel"

I read as my eyes grew bright with happiness. Finally, I was here. I looked around as I moved forward to see small houses coming into view.

"Holmes Chapel, My town!" I mumble under my breath, looking around. I remember the last time I was here, the best days of my life, I wonder if it is still the same. Trying hard not to cry remembering the past, I take a deep breath.

The welcome board also had a small map and as I read through the map, looking for a lodge, my eyes caught something,

"Jen's guest house it is!" I read and smile to myself and start walking in the direction, guided by the map.

The streets look the same, the streets where I spent my holidays on, the streets that have more memories about me than I do.

Arriving at 'Jen's', I cheer myself up. A wide smile makes way to my lips. I stroll up the walkway, through the well maintained home, admiring the beautiful garden, filled with variety of flowers.

I smile to myself and open the door. I wander inside the old but beautifully decorated home. The interiors are well decorated to give a comforting homely environment to the guests.

"Hello!" Wishes a young lady, with a warm welcoming smile. She looks the same age as me and is pretty with blackish brown hair, tied into a ponytail. Her liveliness can be seen through her golden brown eyes.

"I'm Jennifer, welcome to my house." She introduces herself. "And you are?" Asks the woman.

"Hello, I'm Raylen, Raylen Scofield. Please do call me Ray." I introduce myself.

"Sure, Ray. Take a seat. I'll join you in a moment. Would you like to have something?" Jen asks.

"Water would be fine, Thank you." I say, taking a seat on the couch as my eyes wander through the center table which has a cookie jar on it. "And Cookies too, I guess."

"Have them, I'll be right back." She says and disappears into the kitchen.

I nod and take a cookie. The taste of the cookie takes me back to the days my mum used to bake cookies for me, while I sat on the kitchen counter, watching her.

"Jen, these taste amazing!!" I exclaim as she returns with a glass of lemon Soda for me.

"Thank you. These are my mother's specialty." She tells with a grin. "So, how long are you going to stay here?" She asks.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe until I find a place for myself to live in." I reply, softly.

"You want to settle here in Holmes Chapel?" She asks. I nod my head in reply.

"It'd be great if you help me find one," I ask.

"Oh, I know a place that hasn't been used in ages and is under renovation. It is completed you can go and check it out." She adds.