CHAPTER 13

Ray POV

A week flew by and today was THE DAY.

The day where I'll be moving into my perfectly beautiful house. I wake up from the bed and stretch myself. I smile thinking about the fact that I had slept peacefully, for once.

I rush inside the bathroom to freshen up. I'm gonna have a long day.

Today, I'm not only moving to my new house but I'm also getting started with my new job. Yes, Jen's wedding is close and I have the job to help her.

To make my job easier, Jen is going to stay with me at my new home for all the nights, until her wedding day arrives. In the meantime, Ms Twist is going to take care of the guest house.

My new house was perfect for me, with the river in my backyard.

And Harry being my neighbor.

I scold my brain for getting such thoughts and get dressed up. I walk downstairs to have breakfast.

"Good morning, Anne." I chirped, greeting her, who is in the kitchen, preparing mouthwatering food for everyone.

I sometimes think that if anyone has the disorder where they don't feel like eating, even if such disorder exists, they need to have food prepared by Ms Twist. They'll never stop eating ever again.

"Good morning dear. Hope you slept well." I can see the morning sun sweeping through the kitchen window and landing on Anne, glowing her face with the golden light.

"Yes, I did." I smile.

"I'll make you a plate. Please take a seat, dear." Ms Twist offered.

I nodded, my short brown ponytail bouncing up and down, and took a seat.

"Where is Jen?" I ask.

"Oh, she's gone to get her wedding designer." She answers.

"Okay," I smile.

Ms Twist nodded. "So are you ready for the day?" She asks.

"Yes, I am." I smile, taking the plate of French toast from her hand.

"Oh good. I just hope you don't forget us when you move away." She says with a sad smile.

That was it, right? The people who visit guest houses just move away, forgetting all the love and care they received. They never look back and forget all the hospitality.

"No way, Ms Twist. I can never forget you. You literally gave me a life here in Holmes Chapel. And besides I'm gonna keep visiting this place to have food prepared by you." I smile looking at her.

She smiles back and the front door busts open. "Hello, Ray." Jen greets.

"Hey," I smile back and look behind her to see a woman in her 40s walking closely behind.

"Mrs Forbes, meet Raylen." She introduces her. "And Ray, meet Mrs Forbes."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you." I forward my hand for a shake.

"It's finally great to meet you, Ray." She shakes my hand. "Jen has been talking so much about you."

"When can I start Mrs Forbes?" I asked.

"Oh, call me Amy, love." She says. "And Jen here told me that you are moving to your new house today. So why don't you start from tomorrow."

"It's fine Amy." I say. "I'll start from today."

"Now, it won't be very hospitable of me to let you work from today, would it?" She smiles. "You can start from tomorrow and now I can just brief you out with everything."

"Yes, okay." I say and take a seat on the couch, opposite to her. She starts briefing me everything about her studio. She then starts telling me about Jen's wedding. She asks me to design the Jen's and Harry's outfits while she gets done with the groomsmen.

"See you tomorrow, Ray." She smiles.

"Thank you Mrs. Forbes." I smile gratefully as she walks out of the house.

It is hard to contain my excitement! I have a job and a new house. I also have people who love me for who I am.

Only if they knew.

My mind keeps reminding me that I'll never forgive myself for hiding the truth from these lovely people.

"Ray," Jen calls me. "Harry dropped off these today morning." She hands me the keys.

I beamed as I took the keys from Jen. I cheered myself at the luck I had today. I couldn't wait to move into my new house and decorate it myself. I had thought about everything I'd do.

"Thank you," I thanked Jen and Anne.

"Oh, it's fine love. And Harry is who you are supposed to be thanking. He gave me the idea of talking to my designer, about your job." Jen waves it off.

Harry!

I had slowly taken liking into him. Around him, I felt like I can talk any random shit and he'd just listen to me calmly. With each passing day, we grew closer. Maybe because we had so many things in common.

Harry and I loved the same books, same movies, same series and we were both designers. I had also learnt that he played guitar and so did I. I used to when I was in school, but after my parents died, I never dared to touch guitar again.

Shaw hated guitar. According to him all the instruments created noise except violin and piano.

I shook my head thinking of all the things I had given up for Shaw. Things I was truly passionate about.

Now, I was free to do whatever I wanted. I had a lot of living to make up for, and I couldn't wait to get started.

There was one thing I've always wanted to do, but couldn't. It was having a cold bucket of ice cream. I know, it must sound stupid but I never hand one. Maybe it was because I used to sing before my parents died. And after that Shaw never allowed me to eat any outside junk. Including ice cream.

For him, dessert only meant pastries.

"Hey Jen," I call her. "You joining me today at my... I mean your house?"

She chuckles. "It's your house from now on, Ray. And I'll join you tonight. I can help you arrange your stuff."

"Oh no. That's fine," I waved. "I just asked so that I could design your outfit. If you'll be around then it'd be easy for me to picture."

"Oh, okay." She smiles. "Are you gonna do the same with Harry?"

He's so perfect that he can pull off anything.

"Yes." I lie.

I walk over to the kitchen sink and rinse away my plate. I hum a small tune to myself.

"Someone's happy," I turn to see Ms Twist standing beside me with a cup of tea.

"Yes I am." I smile.

Ofcourse I'd be happy. I'm moving to my first house, I have a job that I love and I have people to take care of me. This has always been my dream. 

____________

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying it!!
Don't forget to vote!!