CHAPTER 40

Harry POV

"Stop telling your perspective, Harry and skip to the story. Just tell me what happened?" She asks.

"Okay fine."

Flashback

When we were going to register a complain against Owen and Ed for supplying drugs illegally, Liam's phone rang and Thea's name flashed on it. But since Liam was driving, I picked the call.

"Hey, Liam's phone." I greeted.

"Harry, where are you guys?" She asked and I could sense the urgency in her voice.

"We were just heading to the cops, but why? Is everything ok?" I ask.

"No, it isn't," she replies and along with urgency I could sense the fear. "We're being followed, Harry."

"What do you mean? Where are you guys?" I ask as I turn the loudspeaker on.

"We were at the hospital and..."

"Why were you at the hospital?" I don't let her complete and question her back. "Are you ok? Is Jess ok?"

"Yes I'm fine, Harry. I was feeling nauseated, so thought to get it checked." Jess replies and I sigh. "Guess I ate a lot of doughnuts last night, but I'm fine now and we are heading home"

"But, who is following you?" Liam asks.

"I have no idea. They might be Owen's men. They confronted me at the hospital, while Jess was getting her check up done." Thea says.

"Well, What did they say?" I ask as I notice Liam gripping the steering tight.

"They came to me and asked me not to get in the car with Jess, if I don't want anything to happen to me. They also asked me to leave Liam. And when I denied they just walked away. But, while we were walking out of the hospital we overheard them speaking on the call and..." she didn't complete.

"And what T?" I asked.

"And the guy said that the car has been fixed and he informed to whoever was on the other side that both of us will be driving home in that car..."

"What? You shouldn't be driving it..." Liam said.

"Let me finish Liam," she stopped him. "Relax, we took a taxi till our firm where my car was parked and now we're heading home in my car."

I sighed and I could see Liam relaxing a bit.

"But you are still being followed?" I asked.

"Yes, we are." Jess answered.

"We'll be there, now!" I said as I asked Liam to turn around but Thea stopped us, "guys, this might be an attempt to distract you from going to the station. If they wanted to harm us, they'd have done it by now. So don't come for us, just go and register the complaint."

"Are you sure, T?"

"Yes, just go." She answered.

When we reached the station, we realized something was off. As we got out of the car and moved closer to the building, we noticed that the building was pitch dark. In the dark, We noticed a figure sitting at the place of the watchman. The closer we got we took in the whole view. The guy was unconscious.

"This is creepy," Liam whispered.

"It is!"

Before we could move, we heard someone coming our way. We got alerted, but it was of no use as it was the other security guy. He came up with a bottle of water for the unconscious watchman.