CHAPTER 47

SHAW POV

I know you were drugged.

Shaw, I forgive you.

Her words ring in my ears as they give me hope. Hope of not being a bad memory in her life.

"Can I ask you something?" She snaps me out of her thoughts.

"Yes," I nod.

"Was I atleast a good escapee?" She asks as I look at her to see if she is serious but she chuckles and I end up laughing with her.

"You definitely got me all worked up, making me run places." I reply.

"I know, that was my intention. Although I'm really sorry." She laughs.

"How do you do that?" I ask.

"Do what?"

"Lighten up the environment wherever you go?"

"um... I don't know, do I?" She questions back. "Because I feel I'm really a boring..."

I don't let her complete as I counter back, "you really aren't."

"Ok, I'm not." She smiles.

"Can I ask you something?" I question.

"Well, if we are playing twenty questions then go ahead." She says. I really am amazed with the amount of sarcasm I'm getting from her.

I really wish I could witness all of that, when she was with me but Edwin and my bastard of a brother, took that away from me.

"You really love Harry and Holmes Chapel, don't you?" I ask.

"Yes, I do. I love it here." She answers as my face falls and heart clenches wondering if she ever felt that way around me. "And to be honest Shaw, I initially loved it when I was with you. Because that was when I saw the real you."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes ofcourse. If none of that would've happened and if you weren't drugged, I'm sure you and I would be on our road to the happily ever after. I know you'd be an amazing husband." She pauses as she looks at me. "But, if I wouldn't escape and land here, I wouldn't know that my parents were murdered, I wouldn't know that the person I once loved was as broken as me."

I don't know what to think or say. She's really the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my entire life. She gives me perspectives, helps me see the things in a way that I never thought of.

"Thank you for understanding," I smile gratefully.

"Oh, it's fine." She chucks it.

"Well, hello!" I turn to see Harry standing behind us.

"Hey, Harry," Rebecca's face lightens up and she smiles brightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, nothing really." He answers. "Just came to say that It's almost dusk and we need to get going."

"Yup ok," I say. "But, do we need to tell Edwin our whole plan?"

"I'm not sure," Harry says.

"Because, I don't think we should. He is hell scared of you guys and he cannot stand for himself without Owen. If we tell him then there's no guarantee that he won't run away to Owen, bitching about us." I explain as we walk inside the house.

"That's true," he agrees. "But hey, there's always Plan A, Plan B and a fake plan, right?"

"Wait," Rebecca interrupts. "So, you want sit and brainstorm three plans? That sounds..."

"Cool, right?" Louis asks.

"Exhausting," Rebecca says. "Everyone makes so many plans, but why can't we just stick to one plan and confuse others by being confident enough to convey that we do have Plan B. I mean it's easier and believable too."